MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   11 GT auto shift points suckkkkkkk!!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/727817-11-gt-auto-shift-points-suckkkkkkk.html)

Jimreminder 10-10-2016 12:50 PM

11 GT auto shift points suckkkkkkk!!!

Ok so i've got a 11 gt convertible with lots of appearance mods (boss 302 front lower, gt500 rear lower and wing, eibach sportlines with Koni adjustables, staggered 20" wheels etc...) and started on performance mods w a corsa x-pipe and pypes muffler deletes. Love the sound but if i leave the automatic in "drive" the instant upshifting makes it drone like crazy at slower speeds-unfortunately between 20 and about 70!!! If i manual shift and leave it in lower gears to keep the "R's" up all the time its not bad at all.
I''m going to sell the car and pick up an s550 in the spring, so I think I need to do something to get the transmission holding the gears longer. Is there a programmer out there that does a better job with reprogramming the slushbox than others? Is it worth throwing a cold air intake on it while i''m at it or is that a dumb addition since i've already got a for sale sign in it?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

Derf00 10-11-2016 02:15 PM

Most tuners are for the engine. They don't change the transmission shift points at all.

You can try Level 10 Transmission, they do tunes specifically for transmission.

fourdegrees11 10-11-2016 08:28 PM

Ehh, you deleted your mufflers what do you expect? Before you sell put some stocks back on, or pick up the legato axel backs which are cheap.

Jimreminder 10-12-2016 10:19 AM

All of the tuners ive seen at American Muscle mention that they change shift points and shift firmness on auto trans cars.

On the exhaust comment, i absolutely love the way the car sounds with the pypes deletes. Get compliments constantly. So i really don't want to go back to stock. I just need the car to not upshift itself to top gear at 25mph when i leave it in drive. So i'm looking for which tuner has the most aggressive shift points so its not in top gear all the time. As long as the car stays above about 2200-2500 rpms its fine. Not to mention its way to sluggish ehen its lugging around under 2000 rpms.

chain1 10-19-2016 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jimreminder (Post 8562235)
All of the tuners ive seen at American Muscle mention that they change shift points and shift firmness on auto trans cars.

On the exhaust comment, i absolutely love the way the car sounds with the pypes deletes. Get compliments constantly. So i really don't want to go back to stock. I just need the car to not upshift itself to top gear at 25mph when i leave it in drive. So i'm looking for which tuner has the most aggressive shift points so its not in top gear all the time. As long as the car stays above about 2200-2500 rpms its fine. Not to mention its way to sluggish ehen its lugging around under 2000 rpms.

If you are looking to sell it, the best solution is to put the correct mufflers back on and not mess with the programming. What you think sounds great may not appeal to others. I would never buy a used car that has had the mufflers deleted and a tune vs a stock set up that I can configure how I want.