Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Many Burnout Fails, So Much Head Shaking to Do

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 08:41 PM
DerekShiekhi

Default So Many Burnout Fails, So Much Head Shaking to Do

So Many Burnout Fails, So Much Head Shaking to Do

Before you watch the following video compilation of burnout fails, let me tell you the good news and the bad news.

Read the rest on the MustangForums.com homepage. >>
Old 10-15-2016, 01:34 PM
Daltonkk

Pretty crazy that crash with the dodge truck doesn't even look like it was going to be too bad but man the damage was terrible.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:53 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

mustang week always has a few issues. The crowd that gathers by the road is just to unresistable for guys. Crazy videos out there of that.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:01 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

What I'm failing to understand is how these incidents manage to keep happening, when from the widespread publicity that they get everybody should know by now what's going to happen once the rear tires start to come "unstuck" and the driver is dumb enough to stay in the throttle.

Can the desire to be a show-off really be so strong that the instinct for self-preservation gets overwhelmed?

Norm
Old 10-16-2016, 07:29 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
What I'm failing to understand is how these incidents manage to keep happening, when from the widespread publicity that they get everybody should know by now what's going to happen once the rear tires start to come "unstuck" and the driver is dumb enough to stay in the throttle.

Can the desire to be a show-off really be so strong that the instinct for self-preservation gets overwhelmed?
yes. plus I think these dimps believe they're "smarter" than those other people and won't lose control of the car. they have no idea how to get out of a skid, and once the car starts fishtailing they panic and just mash pedals. the winter after I got my license, I was taught (on snowy, empty roads) how to put the car into a skid, and how to correct myself out of it.

what really grinds my gears are those idiots who sit there running burnouts so long the car catches fire.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:07 AM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
yes. plus I think these dimps believe they're "smarter" than those other people and won't lose control of the car. they have no idea how to get out of a skid, and once the car starts fishtailing they panic and just mash pedals. the winter after I got my license, I was taught (on snowy, empty roads) how to put the car into a skid, and how to correct myself out of it.

what really grinds my gears are those idiots who sit there running burnouts so long the car catches fire.
But they are sure fun to watch. lol.

I agree though. I grew up and was taken to a parking lot with snow to learn how to regain control of a drifting car at different speeds. It really came in handy knowing how to stay calm and try to regain control when it happens on unexpectedly.

Not to say that didn't lead to goofing around in the snow the coming years.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:58 AM
Dino Dino Bambino
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
But they are sure fun to watch.
As long as your car doesn't fall victim to one of these f***tards.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I can't stand to watch more than one or two at a time, and only rarely at that. Just too painful.

I've been giving myself a "refresher course" in the snow most every winter since about 1968. I'd suggest that these crashed-it-while-accelerating-hard morons do likewise except that they'd probably find a way to hit the only light pole on the property.

Norm