Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone use a Holley Hydramat?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 07:54 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Default Does anyone use a Holley Hydramat?

I was looking at ways to prevent fuel starvation under hard cornering and ran across this product, but I've been unable to find anyone who has installed one on an S197, so I'm stuck on which part number to get. If anyone here has any experience with it I'd appreciate a part number for it.

I always try to keep the gas over 1/2 full while on the track but at the end of the day when fuel goes to about a quart I get some starvation on the harder corners. I know there are better solutions but this one seems the least complicated. I just want to avoid burning my Walbro 400lph pump. The first stock ones died a miserable death.

Of course, if anyone has a suggestion that does not include fabrication I'm all ears.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by flash_xx
I was looking at ways to prevent fuel starvation under hard cornering and ran across this product, but I've been unable to find anyone who has installed one on an S197, so I'm stuck on which part number to get. If anyone here has any experience with it I'd appreciate a part number for it.

I always try to keep the gas over 1/2 full while on the track but at the end of the day when fuel goes to about a quart I get some starvation on the harder corners. I know there are better solutions but this one seems the least complicated. I just want to avoid burning my Walbro 400lph pump. The first stock ones died a miserable death.

Of course, if anyone has a suggestion that does not include fabrication I'm all ears.
For cost I can't think of anything. What about getting a regular shaped gas tank to replace the Mustang's saddlebag design? That design probably contributes to fuel starving in the corners. Or, adding a multiple fuel pickup system to the tank interior interior. Walbro makes a simple one but I don't know any thing about compatibility or real-world use.