Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'10 gt weird idle after rev in neutral.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:05 PM
grimesd

Question '10 gt weird idle after rev in neutral.

Hey everyone! The mustang is running great, drives great, real head turner. One little issue though, it isn't causing any harm (I don't think) but would like to see if I could get to the bottom of it.

After installing my k&n cold air intake, If I'm in my driveway, and lets say I rev it to 3k or 4k, when the rpms come back down, it dips to about 100k lower then my normal idle and then immediately jumps back to normal.

For example. Lets say My idle is at 650 (just a random number). I rev the car to 2k. I let my foot off the gas. the idle does down to 550 for a split second and then immediately jumps back up to 650 like nothing ever happened.

It's not like it wants to stall or anything, just really weird. Only happens when I have the car in neutral and rev it up a little bit. It drives, upshifts, and downshifts perfectly find. (Manual tranny).

Interested what could be causing this. The k&n said the CAI doesn't need a tune, but wondering if I really do? Like it's getting to much air or something?
Old 04-14-2017, 06:31 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

I'm gonna jump out here and smack you in the face. you have a 10'. use the search function first and foremost. you wasted money on a CAI that doesn't require a tune IMHO. ummm after that being said, ummmm READ UP!!!! welcome and good luck

Search this Thread