Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenne Bell 2.8 lc install review

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 01:20 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
The " the monstrous intake tube ", ( 4.5" ), looks like a choke point, based on the step coupling going to the T/B.
so, you have done the work on the flow numbers and determined that or is that your expert opinion based on the picture? Take a look at the Kenne Bell testing numbers.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:01 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bstang14
so, you have done the work on the flow numbers and determined that or is that your expert opinion based on the picture? Take a look at the Kenne Bell testing numbers.
Don't need flow bench #'s to make my case, picture does just fine. You were the one who described the intake as " the monstrous intake tube ", I merely pointed out it isn't, ( 4.5" ), & it's also a choke point.
.................Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Poster # 5 tried to give you a heads up on KB tunes, seemed like that hurt your feelings also !!

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 04-30-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:41 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Don't need flow bench #'s to make my case, picture does just fine. You were the one who described the intake as " the monstrous intake tube ", I merely pointed out it isn't, ( 4.5" ), & it's also a choke point.
.................Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Poster # 5 tried to give you a heads up on KB tunes, seemed like that hurt your feelings also !!
There is a description for guys like you. Poser. Know it all. Take your pick. Picture is enough? What picture would describe monstrous to you? 10" , 20", 30"? Done. You have no facts. Just opinions. That's fine but don't pass it off as anything close to knowledge. Hurt my feelings? Seriously?
Old 05-01-2017, 04:29 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

There is a description for guys like you. Poser. Know it all. Take your pick. Picture is enough? What picture would describe monstrous to you? 10" , 20", 30"? Done. You have no facts. Just opinions. That's fine but don't pass it off as anything close to knowledge. Hurt my feelings? Seriously?
I suspect a ( poser ) would be someone who thinks 4.5" = monstrous.
And a ( know it all ) being someone who's mind is closed to the idea that maybe his KB tune isn't the be all end all he thinks it is.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:00 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

I suspect a ( poser ) would be someone who thinks 4.5" = monstrous.
And a ( know it all ) being someone who's mind is closed to the idea that maybe his KB tune isn't the be all end all he thinks it is.
...no. only someone who thinks a 168 mm throttle body is a choke point. Read the data. You are way too old to just be looking at the pictures. Maybe that's all you are capable of?
Old 05-07-2017, 01:00 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

very clean looking install, nice work!

i bet it feels great on the street.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:21 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Hmmmm. Not seeing that. If that was the case shouldn't I have dunno tuned my stock motor in case it didn't like the ford tune that is identical across tens of thousands of 5.0 motors? I struggle to see any reason to dyno tune except to fine tune the tune. Trust me, I don't need 20 more hp.
I'm glad you think Ford engines are hand tuned at the factory to exact specifications, but let's face it, it's not an AMG motor hand built by a German engineer with a PhD in mechanical engineering in a clean room, it's a production motor built in a production line who's only purpose is to vomit as many engines as possible each day. Added to that is the fact that Ford uses cheap parts from all over the world to keep costs down and you have an engine which is unique from every other "identical" 5.0 out there and not in a good way. All it takes is one injector flowing a bit less or an under performing fuel pump or a coil, or even variances in the quality of fuel in your city and kiss that "unique" piece of equipment goodbye. But I'm sure KB took all those parameters into account.

The other posters were just trying to be helpful by suggesting a real tune in a Dynamometer and around town with the tuner sitting besides you checking all the parameters and adjusting as necessary, it wasn't meant as a personal attack or a doubt as an accomplished installer or KB's impeccable manufacturing, service and support.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:31 PM
RCrumb

Wait, what? My car has Chinese parts in it.........but it was made in Michigan LOL
Old 05-08-2017, 02:32 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RCrumb
Wait, what? My car has Chinese parts in it.........but it was made in Michigan LOL
The world is made in china, but on the Mustang I've mostly found brazilian and mexican parts.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:45 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Flash_xx. I get it. I'm just not buying that om going to nuke the motor of I don't tune it. Also, not likely to gain a ton of power from a dyno tune. I appreciate all of the good input there, but I'm still not convinced of any vast differences in the 5.0 that would cause significant issues with the canned tune. Its likely a pretty conservative tune and I'm taking the gamble, I guess, in that respect. At some point I may dyno just for my own interest. Again, I do appreciate your constructive input. Pissing about choke points is another story