Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash vents not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Redpony2007

Default Dash vents not working

Hey everyone,I have an 07 V6 convertible, the AC is blowing cold but only through the defrost and feet, nothing is coming out through the dash vents. There is no clicking sound so I don't think it's the actuator. Any thoughts? It's summertime and Im in Florida too hot to keep the top down all day. Thanks
Old 07-03-2017, 10:11 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

It is the actuator. It doesn't click because it's completely dead. I just replace one on a friends's GT. It's the top one when you take out the glove box and look up into the center console. Kind of hard to get to. You can move the vents manually by taking out the actuator, rotating the shaft until air comes out the front , putting back the actuator and leaving it disconnected. Once you get the new one replace it.Theres a video on Youtube.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Redpony2007

Originally Posted by flash_xx
It is the actuator. It doesn't click because it's completely dead. I just replace one on a friends's GT. It's the top one when you take out the glove box and look up into the center console. Kind of hard to get to. You can move the vents manually by taking out the actuator, rotating the shaft until air comes out the front , putting back the actuator and leaving it disconnected. Once you get the new one replace it.Theres a video on Youtube.
Thanks for the feedback flash_xx, I did try that and nothing happened but I was rushing a bit. I will try it again and let you know what happens. Thanks again.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:24 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Here's the video: