Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chin Spoiler Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 07:54 PM
Daniel Aguilar

Default Chin Spoiler Ideas

Hey guys, im out of ideas here, so I need suggestions haha

I want to get my 2006 V6 a chin spoiler, but i love the MMD one:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-c...er-0509v6.html

the issue as you can see, is that AM doesnt sell it anymore... and i havent been able to find it anywhere else, i mean they sell other models but I love this one!
I wanted to ask if you know where can I find it? Or at least something really really similar?

Also I had other idea too, there is one for the GT, I know the front bumpers arent the same, but maybe it can be adapted, has any of you tried something like this?
Literally I love almost every chin spoiler for the GT and none of them are for the V6 haha what a luck lol

Thanks for the imput!
Old 08-01-2017, 01:40 PM
bud636
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daniel Aguilar
Hey guys, im out of ideas here, so I need suggestions haha

I want to get my 2006 V6 a chin spoiler, but i love the MMD one:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-c...er-0509v6.html

the issue as you can see, is that AM doesnt sell it anymore... and i havent been able to find it anywhere else, i mean they sell other models but I love this one!
I wanted to ask if you know where can I find it? Or at least something really really similar?

Also I had other idea too, there is one for the GT, I know the front bumpers arent the same, but maybe it can be adapted, has any of you tried something like this?
Literally I love almost every chin spoiler for the GT and none of them are for the V6 haha what a luck lol

Thanks for the imput!
wow this is what mine looks like with the old spoiler from am. Glad I didn't wait any longer? Looks like they changed the style of the spoiler, got lucky.old school already
Old 08-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Daniel Aguilar

Originally Posted by bud636
wow this is what mine looks like with the old spoiler from am. Glad I didn't wait any longer? Looks like they changed the style of the spoiler, got lucky.old school already
They did indeed! Sucks, dont know why, the older is much cooler

Thats a nice combo of the grilles with the color of the car! Congrats!

Ive found one somewhat similar to yours on ebay, not the same seller but Im going with thatone i think haha
Old 08-01-2017, 05:58 PM
bud636
1st Gear Member

I got the halo ring headlights from am on sale for $129. Then put a hid light system for when it gets dark. Car will outdrive the normal lights, it's scary enuf going too fast at nite. Doing it without enuf lighting is just dangerous. Must be getting old,lol...
Old 08-01-2017, 07:41 PM
JimC

Daniel, try CDC garage sale:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/garage-sale

Scroll down the page a little ways and there is the CDC chin spoiler for the V6 2005-09.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:44 PM
JimC

Or non "garage sale" at his link:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...poiler-2005-09

I had it on my 2006, I think that you can see it on these pictures. - just noticed it wasn't on the car in the middle picture
Attached Thumbnails Chin Spoiler Ideas-1040791_10200153440693988_962133132_o.jpg   Chin Spoiler Ideas-258369_1946718701731_333498_o.jpg   Chin Spoiler Ideas-dsc03424.jpg  
Old 08-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Daniel Aguilar

@bud636: Nice! I just recently got my Stang, so im buying everything for it, and have spent too much already. I have the grille that comes with the fog lights with the halo on them and want the headlight lamp that you bought as well, im going to wait till black friday, and hope they are on sale too, ive heard AM does the black friday sale, i hope so at least haha

@JimC: Thanks though the chin spoiler that I want is a bit bigger, but damn $40 for that chin spoiler actually makes me think about it! haha thats a VERY sweet deal haha Unfortunately I saw the iluminated sill plates on sale too and now I will have to get that too haha I really thought that this time the "This is the last upgrade I get" was for real :C BTW that car seems really fast, is it heavily modded?
Old 08-04-2017, 06:22 AM
JimC

Daniel, here is the stock lighted door sill
Attached Thumbnails Chin Spoiler Ideas-034.jpg  
Old 08-04-2017, 06:26 AM
JimC

The 2013 was heavily modded. Classic Design Concepts did all the outside mods, it was selected for a make over by them at Mustang Alley during the Woodward Dream Cruise in August 2012 soon after I bought it.

Then I had MRT install a turbo. Tuning issues blew up the first engine, overboosting blew up the second engine. The third engine was lost because the guy who did the swap for me forgot to do a step (crank relearn process) as a result it ended up burning a hole in a piston. My wife decided that car was cursed - ended up putting it back to stock and sold it. I have a SHO right now and looking for my next Mustang. I am thinking about getting a 2013-14 Shelby convertible and leaving that one stock.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:07 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daniel Aguilar
@bud636: I really thought that this time the "This is the last upgrade I get" was for real
Heh, I don't remember the last time I said that. I finally gave in and admitted to my mod addiction. most of them are functional though. I only have a few pieces that are for looks only. Just give in to the Dark Side