06 Headlights are cloudy, specks on plastic? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

06 Headlights are cloudy, specks on plastic?

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

06 Headlights are cloudy, specks on plastic?

Old 03-13-2018, 02:44 AM
kevsgt
2nd Gear Member

Here's pictures of the install of the replacement headlights. Took longer than I expected, and I broke a couple fender splash shield push pins, and some bulb connector tabs. But headlights look good and are much brighter now.

Realized my radiator is dinged up pretty badly, I assume from rocks and road debris getting thru the bumper and grill openings.
Attached Thumbnails 06 Headlights are cloudy, specks on plastic?-photo764.jpg   06 Headlights are cloudy, specks on plastic?-photo512.jpg   06 Headlights are cloudy, specks on plastic?-photo10.jpg   06 Headlights are cloudy, specks on plastic?-photo149.jpg   06 Headlights are cloudy, specks on plastic?-photo563.jpg  

06 Headlights are cloudy, specks on plastic?-photo933.jpg  
Old 03-13-2018, 03:32 PM
08'MustangDude
4th Gear Member

Walmart has had the buffing service for a while now. I think it;s like $45.00 and they
will un-haze your lights. For $51, or a little more though, you can buy another set.
That's the easy part, the rest, as you know now, is installing them. I don't like how
things get done these days, where you need to remove the bumper cover to change
headlamps.

Even changing light bulbs in cars now days is a freekin' chore... My previous HHR?
You needed to turn the wheel in, pull the fender liner fasteners up front, pull the liner
back and change the bulb... I mean, who makes it so you can't access the bulbs
from the engine compartment anymore...

My Volkwagen? Driver side is a PITA! The fuse relay center is in the way, the air-box
is in the way... All that work to spin a light out and in, you almost need to be a
contortionist...