Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On3 70mm 2006 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 PM
Boosted3v

Default On3 70mm 2006 mustang gt

So I have came around to adding boost to my 06 gt.. kit is here and mainly everything is installed. Only trouble I'm having now is my vacuum lines to BOV and wastegate. Now don't laugh at me I am certainly new to boosting a car. Was my first time ever and it was pretty simple just can't get around the vacuum lines.. I'm sure there's a thread about this where someone out there has already answered it but I've been searching for a week and no answers. Not even on3 has replied to me so if anyone has the answer or anything please feel free to reply and let me know through here or email: Maciasau@gmail.com.

provide pictures of possible. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

Thanks to jimcafc, See if this information helps.
The wastegate has to see how much boost the intake is seeing in order to control or limit the boost. If you have no vacuum line to the wastegate, it will never open and if it doesn't open the turbo will make an excessive amount of boost- there will be no control. . What spring you put in the WG will determine how much boost you make. But the WG has to know how much boost the intake is seeing in order to operate correctly. You can also use the same vacuum port on the WG to add a manual boost controller or electronic boost controller to raise the boost level above what the spring is rated for. If you have a 9# spring in your WG you can add boost by creating a differential in the vacuum line. If you turn up the boost on a manual boost controller it creates this differential. Instead of the WG seeing 9# of boost and relieving exhaust gas, it may think its seeing 7# while you are actually making 12.

The BOV has to see boost in order to relieve the pressure in the intake when you let off the throttle. If it doesn't see boost it will remain open continuously blowing off pressure in the charge pipe.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

Boosted3v, google, "how to install turbo vacuum lines mustang gt." (Without the exclamation points.) Then open the video "On3 Turbo Installation Part 5: Vacuum & Final Assembly - YouTube"

Let me know if it answers your question.

Last edited by Buck Sergeant; 01-18-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: additional information
Old 01-18-2018, 02:10 PM
Boosted3v

Originally Posted by Buck Sergeant
Thanks to jimcafc, See if this information helps.
The wastegate has to see how much boost the intake is seeing in order to control or limit the boost. If you have no vacuum line to the wastegate, it will never open and if it doesn't open the turbo will make an excessive amount of boost- there will be no control. . What spring you put in the WG will determine how much boost you make. But the WG has to know how much boost the intake is seeing in order to operate correctly. You can also use the same vacuum port on the WG to add a manual boost controller or electronic boost controller to raise the boost level above what the spring is rated for. If you have a 9# spring in your WG you can add boost by creating a differential in the vacuum line. If you turn up the boost on a manual boost controller it creates this differential. Instead of the WG seeing 9# of boost and relieving exhaust gas, it may think its seeing 7# while you are actually making 12.

The BOV has to see boost in order to relieve the pressure in the intake when you let off the throttle. If it doesn't see boost it will remain open continuously blowing off pressure in the charge pipe.
thank you that actually made alot of sense. Now I completely understand. I have a vacuum distribution block that I will be connecting to vacuum B and see if I can connect everything from there. Such *** WG, Bov and boost gauge