MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   07 Mustang Convertible Weird Electric Problem (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/733302-07-mustang-convertible-weird-electric-problem.html)

Brian Christian 03-03-2018 10:18 AM

07 Mustang Convertible Weird Electric Problem

Hey guys. Been having a weird electrical problem. All the courtesy lights (steering wheel, door locks, climate controls, gear shifter) turn off, as well as the radio. It'll be completely random and often. It happens more frequently when headlights are on. The battery light sometimes comes on too. And the windows sometimes dont roll up/down, have to just hold the button. The dashlights always stay on, headlights sometimes pulsate. My high beams keep busting.

what we've done is:
New battery and tested
new altenator and tested
checked fuses
Checked ground wires

07 Stang 03-03-2018 10:32 AM

Have you had a lot of rain lately? Check behind the passenger's side carpet to see if it is damp. Chances are you are experiencing the dreaded "leak." You can do a search on the forum to see how many have been coping with this issue. Seems that if the smart junction box that is on the foot panel on the passengers side gets wet, it causes all kinds of gremlins. Let us know what you find.....good luck!

Brian Christian 03-03-2018 11:33 AM

Nope, nothing wet under there. We were diggin down there a lot yesterday too so we would have seen if there was water behind anything

07 Stang 03-03-2018 05:04 PM

Send 157db a private message. He is really good with electrical problems.

Brian Christian 03-04-2018 09:05 AM

Do you haveto have a minimum number of posts to send a message or am i just not seeing it

07 Stang 03-04-2018 12:29 PM

Yes....let me see if I can reach him for you.

papolim 03-12-2018 07:21 PM

Yes, I have had almost the same problems that you are experiencing with my 05 convertible- driving me crazy , replaced alternator , battery, same problem , come to find that water leak on passenger side kick panel where the plastic trim meets the rubber weather stripping in the door jam. did not soak the " smart box " or body control module or whatever some wants to call it, there is a white square connector right next to this body control module , with a lever style lock , this connector has several wires on it maybe 10 or 20 . water runs down the door jam where the plastic meets the weather stripping and into the area where this connector is , causing all kinds of crazy electrical problems . it destroys the body control module, the connector must be disconnected and cleaned. the fix: replace module , clean connector , place a small amount of sealer around that area where the leak is and this should solve you problem. found a company on line called autoecms.com cost me $ 465 for replacement , and when you send back your damaged one they refund $ 100. good luck . P.S. had to tow my car in rain with the top down . had buy a cover at auto zone for the tow.