Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple, Kenne Bell or p1sc procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Davon Ervin

Default Whipple, Kenne Bell or p1sc procharger?

Hello everyone! I’m about to do something very stupid.. I have a 2006 mustang GT basic bolt ons automatic and tune, 134,000 miles on her but this car has been extremely realible.. starts up every single time. No tick or anything. All that realiability is about to fly out the window because I can’t take it anymore.. this Damnn thing is slow. Out of those 3 superchargers which one would be more fun on the street? Realible and put the smack down on some of these imports. At this point I think my 77 F100 is faster.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:26 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Whipple.
Centrifugal superchargers take a while to build boost (and are easier on the drivetrain because of that) but are screaming at high RMP, while the whipple and kenne bell have boost on tap. Kenne bells tend to run hot, but they sure do look good.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:12 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Keep in mind the tuning is whats important. Brenspeed purchased a high mileage mustang. Did a leak down test. Found no issues and began doing different stages of mods and tracking the car. Its now supercharged and performing very well. It really comes down to how well you have maintained your car. Are you the only owner? If not it wouldn't hurt to do a leak down test so you know. you might consider catch cans for tranny and motor. Input shaft if you plan on tracking the car. If you haven't changed tranny oil and rear end oil. You should do that as well.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:53 AM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Condition is key. Good condition = fewer issues. I have a kenne bell 2.8 on my 14. I can't say enough good things about them and their kit was outstanding. i did the install myself over two weekends (winter) not busting my butt. As for running hotter, I don't necessarily buy it. IAT location has so much to do with that number. Easy to get whatever number you want by changing the position. In any case, it is what it is and their system is proven as is whipples. Sit in traffic at 90 degrees and they are all going to be hot. Common sense. Definitely fun when you tap the GO pedal!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:13 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bstang14
... Sit in traffic at 90 degrees and they are all going to be hot. Common sense. Definitely fun when you tap the GO pedal!
An electric water pump (for the motor, not the intercooler since it already is electric) will do wonders for engine temps when sitting in traffic since it is operating at full speed regardless of the engine RPM, belt driven water pump just doesn't pump as much water when idling, plus IF you ever break or throw a belt you will not overheat and will have some range based on battery power.

Old 10-20-2018, 04:38 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
An electric water pump (for the motor, not the intercooler since it already is electric) will do wonders for engine temps when sitting in traffic since it is operating at full speed regardless of the engine RPM, belt driven water pump just doesn't pump as much water when idling, plus IF you ever break or throw a belt you will not overheat and will have some range based on battery power.
agree.

I replaced the fan with frpp one. Don't think that did a whole lot.