Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I remove the Dealers Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:26 PM
sngsam
1st Gear Member

Default How do I remove the Dealers Sticker

my deaelrship put their sticker on my trunk. I've had my car for about 2 weeks and washed it about 3-4 times. I'm getting stripes on soon so I need to get this sticker off any suggestions?

SAM
Old 11-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How do I remove the Dealers Sticker

Warm it up with a hair dryer on low and pull gently. Worked for me.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

You hit it with a hammer... call the insurance company and report a parking lot hit and run... the body shop replaces the trunk lid and repaints it... sticker is gone
Old 11-01-2005, 05:43 PM
MattyJ
2nd Gear Member

When I removed my dealership decals, I just used a razor blade. I slid it very carefully under the decal, just to lift up the edge and then used my fingers to pull it off the rest of the way. If you don't have a steady hand, you might not want to do this or you might mess up your paint job.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:50 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Go back to the dealership, call your salesman on your cell phone. Ask him to come out in to the parking lot. When he gets out there, run over him repeatedly for putting a damn sticker on your car. After about four or five passes over the salesman I bet he can figure out how to get it off.

They tried that crap with me too. Did it while I was inside doing paperwork. After I finished and walked out to look at the car while they were getting stuff signed, I saw the dealer sticker, and walked back in and told them I didn't want the car unless they removed it. 15 minutes and a trip to the detail bay later it was gone.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:59 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

i did this a few weeks ago w/ my carmax sticker. i put the hair dryer on high and moved it back and forth for like 30 seconds then i peeled off the letters which came off easily, but it left adhesive on the car so i put a bunch of wax on a cloth and rubbed it off. it took maybe 5 mins in total and it looks perfect
Old 11-01-2005, 06:32 PM
STL_Atty
1st Gear Member

don't wait to do it. the longer you wait, the more likely you'll end up with a residue left behind. all you need is a hair dryer and about 30 seconds of time. My dealer sticker now decorates the outside of my garage trashcan.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:36 PM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

I peeled mine off while in the dealers lot waiting for them to bring me the keys before I even signed the paperwork. Just came right off no residue at all.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:50 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

They don't put dealer stickers on new cars in California as far as I can tell. They'll put dealer advertisement where the license plate goes, which usually stays there until the new plates show up, and some dealers also include a license plate frame that they hope you'll keep longer.

If I were buying a new car in one of the less enlightened states, I would put it in the contract that there would be no stickers or emblems attached to the car. This would be especially important if I had ordered the car rather than buying one off of the lot.

I don't know why people in other states put up with it. Maybe if enough people made a big deal out of it some of the dealers might stop.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

i ordered mine to have it delivered to a nearby dealership....if they had tried to put stickers on it I would have been PISSED.

But they didn't so all was well

Quick Reply: How do I remove the Dealers Sticker