Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Radio / Ipod input adapter found 4 shaker 500

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 11:36 AM
SoLucky

Default RE: XM Radio / Ipod input adapter found 4 shaker 500

ORIGINAL: NOok

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

BTW: When you press the AUX button, what is displayed on the radio?
As soon as you hit the aux button, it says dvd/cd for a second, then it says "PIE".

PIE= the manufacturer of the adapter unit apparently.

N
I just installed this gem in my car last night. Sound quality using my iPod is fabulous... huge step up from even the best FM modulators.

I learned you can make the display show something other than "PIE"... Hit the Aux button a second time and the it will show "AUX" (instead of "DVD/CD") on screen for a few seconds and then switch to "CRYSTL-LINE" (instead of "PIE"). I presume, Crystal-Line is the model line the PIE Aux input module is marketed under. Whatever the case, I like "CRYSTL-LINE" better than "PIE" on my screen.

-- JB
Old 11-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Will they call the Upgraded Version FURR PIE ???
Old 11-09-2005, 12:02 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Let us know if and when it fails. I heard they were having problems with them earlier and maybe they worked out the bugs. At least you didn't get PIE in the face.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:58 PM
NOok
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SoLucky

ORIGINAL: NOok

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

BTW: When you press the AUX button, what is displayed on the radio?
As soon as you hit the aux button, it says dvd/cd for a second, then it says "PIE".

PIE= the manufacturer of the adapter unit apparently.

N
I just installed this gem in my car last night. Sound quality using my iPod is fabulous... huge step up from even the best FM modulators.

I learned you can make the display show something other than "PIE"... Hit the Aux button a second time and the it will show "AUX" (instead of "DVD/CD") on screen for a few seconds and then switch to "CRYSTL-LINE" (instead of "PIE"). I presume, Crystal-Line is the model line the PIE Aux input module is marketed under. Whatever the case, I like "CRYSTL-LINE" better than "PIE" on my screen.

-- JB
Oh ya, perfect sound quality, same levels as the cd changer, perfect.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:44 PM
ChinkeyTwinkey

Hey i just installed the aux input converter in my 2006 GT Mustang and it doesnt work. Ive disconnected the 16 pin connecter and put in the new 16 pin connecter from the CAN-BUS. Ive connected the ground and the 12 v wire. Adjusted the line level and it still says no aux audio. I dont know why this happens. If anyone can provide pictures or a tutorial of what needs to be done that would be great. Please reply with any help. thanks.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:07 PM
capo2001

I see a couple options on this page, as well as a title that refers to a much older model of Mustang.

I, too, have a 2006 GT Mustang (this is my dream car, waited 33 years to get the Mustang my parents couldn't keep).

I want to plug my iPod (5th generation) into the aux if possible.

Now I see an RF modulator (which is how I currently connect my iPod in my Jeep.) I know this option would work.

However, it sounds like there is a wiring harness patch or intercept that I can get from this page.

Can you or someone here be explicit with the model or part number of what you're referring to here to patch into the Shaker 500?

Thanks!

Carlos Xuma
http://www.datingdynamics.com
Old 01-06-2006, 02:31 PM
2horsegarage

I too would like specifics about part number/where to buy. I have a similar set up in my other vehicle, where I purchased an adapter to make the input for a disc changer into standard RCA jacks, then plugged my Ipod directly in, as well as my sirius reciever. BUt, I have not been able to find details on such a piece for the shaker 500 for my 06.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:44 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

I actually just received the parts in to do this mod yesterday. I will be installing them tonight to my '06 GT.

In order to connect any audio device that uses RCA jacks via the AUX button on the Shaker 500 or 1000 use use this part:

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/piefrd04aux.html

If you want to enhance further this and run your Ipod using the line out jack in the bottom of the Ipod and charge the Ipod at the same time, you can add this item to the adapter listed above:

http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/blitzuii.html

Like I said I will be installing both of these tonight. Once I am done I will post my results.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:48 PM
2horsegarage

Exactly what I needed, Thanks.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:32 PM
topless05GT
1st Gear Member

I purchased the PIE adapter and the iPod interface adapter... I took them to an audio installer and had them do the connections... I'm glad I did. Initially, there was a problem with the Shaker 500 recognizing the Aux input. It would "find" it when I'd disconnect/reconnect, but other than that, it was sporadic. There was also a problem with the speed volume not working. The installer contacted the distributer and received an upgraded chip (no cost). The installer replaced the chip and I've had no problems since.

Now, the good news... It's very, very nice to have. I routed the plug to the iPod on the driver's side to where I've mounted a clip to hold the iPod while in use. The sound is great, and the speed volume works... Well worth the effort. I imagine the all of the protocols have been figured out and recent buyers will have an easier time with these adapters.

Quick Reply: XM Radio / Ipod input adapter found 4 shaker 500