Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby GT SC V8 500 HP added more CS6 info

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:04 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default Shelby GT SC V8 500 HP added more CS6 info

WOW check this out another beautiful car 500HP and only 25 will be made all the info is below
I heard this might be the 5.4 V8 not sure, anyone know?

For the record I love the new blue/silver CS6 Shelby pictured below and that would be my pick out of the two but I’d prefer the V-8 engine in it of course.

Legendary Performance of Automotive Icon Carroll Shelby Meets New School Design of 'Kingz of Customz' in Ultimate Modified '06 Pony Cars
Only 25 special customers will have the opportunity to park one of the rarest Shelby Mustangs in their garage as Carroll Shelby International Inc's wholly owned subsidiary Shelby Automobiles, Inc. and West Coast Customs (WCC) have teamed up to produce a limited-edition line of high-end 2006 Ford Mustangs. These distinctively-designed Mustangs combine the legendary performance of Carroll Shelby and the creative design modifications of world famous "Kingz of Customz" and celebrity customizers West Coast Customs. Targeted to buyers looking for top-tier performance and state-of-art enhancements, the Shelby/West Coast Customs Mustang will make its debut in the Ford Pavilion at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada and will be available to consumers in the first part of 2006.
The Shelby/West Coast Customs Mustang begins with a stock 2006 Ford Mustang GT. Legendary car builder Carroll Shelby, the creator of several famous cars including the iconic Cobra, oversaw the car's performance enhancements. An exclusive Vortech Supercharger was added to the V8 engine and the Mustang's computer re-mapped to adapt to the newly-acclaimed output of more than 500 hp. With a racing-level output of that caliber, this Mustang is genuinely worthy of wearing the Shelby badge.
"We built this car for performance and style," said Carroll Shelby, CEO of Shelby Automobiles, Inc. "It's got the bark of the old muscle cars and the look of a new sports car. It's one of the best projects I've been a part of."
West Coast Customs, who are pioneers in customizing cars and have done work for influential auto enthusiasts including Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kobe Bryant and Arnold Schwarzenegger to name a few, directed the interior and exterior modifications for the Mustang. The outer design for the Shelby/West Coast Customs Mustang is a bold statement that showcases a twist of Shelby historic styling and West Coast Customs' fearless new influence.
Exterior enhancements include:
* A new hood design to encase the V8 with a single scoop for air
redirection
* New fender swells and rocker panels
* Specially-designed front bumper, side scoops, rear wing and fenders
* Custom grill inserts with newly-arranged lighting for top and bottom of
bumper
* 22" Shelby/West Coast Customs-branded Lexani wheels with Pirelli rubber
tires
* Race-inspired Shelby/West Coast Customs gas cap
West Coast Customs is known for pioneering mobile electronics and interior accessories in some of the greatest show cars and the Shelby/West Coast Customs Mustang is no exception. Packing interior modifications that are meant to be seen and be heard this special rolling concert hall includes:
* Custom upholstered interior with embroidered Shelby and West Coast
Customs logo badging all around including the steering wheel and center
console
* One 7" Sony monitor
* One Sony DVD head unit
* Two West Coast Customs Mid Bass units for the doors
* One 6.5" West Coast Customs comp
* One set of 5.25" coaxials
* Three 10" subwoofers for the trunk
* Two West Coast Customs amps

Shelby Automobiles Unveils Shelby CS 6 Mustang Concept Vehicle
Wednesday November 2, 9:30 am ET
Carroll Shelby Offers Enthusiasts the Ultimate Affordable Musclecar - Shhh, Don't Tell the Guys with the V8's

Big block and small block V8 owners of all types may want to take a second look the next time a "V6" Mustang pulls up to the light as Carroll Shelby International Inc's (OTC: CSBI - News) wholly owned subsidiary Shelby Automobiles, Inc. announces the new Shelby CS 6 Mustang concept vehicle. Shelby Automobiles, known for speed and performance through the leadership of legendary racecar driver and Cobra creator Carroll Shelby, will offer a modified V6-engined 2006 Ford Mustang, dubbed the CS 6. Packed with a NOVI-1200 Supercharger from Paxton Automotive Corp., the CS 6 is destined to be the next great sports car from Shelby Automobiles pumping out an incredible 350+ horsepower. The Shelby CS 6 will be introduced at the Vortech/Paxton Booth (#22853-Central Hall) during the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas.

The CS 6 features a Shelby-exclusive Paxton NOVI-1200 Centrifugal Supercharger, unsurpassed in high performance, reliability and quiet operation. The bolt-on NOVI-1200 is based on Paxton's race-proven gear case, helical-cut gears constructed from billet-steel, aerospace-quality high-speed bearings and an air/water charge cooler. The CS 6 will be one of the most powerful supercharger kits for the V6 Mustang available on the market and its 350+ HP is a significant increase over the 210 HP of the stock Mustang and the GT version.

"Shelby Automotive is excited to offer the CS 6 with a focus on balance, performance and affordability," said Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. "With the Paxton Supercharger, the suspension modifications and the subtle cosmetic enhancements, the CS 6 will remind enthusiasts of the old GT350 -- fast and strong but light on its feet. There is going to be a lot of excitement from speed aficionados when the CS 6 hits the market."

2005 marks the 40th Anniversary of the Paxton-supercharged Shelby Mustang legacy dating back to the famed GT350 and GT500 programs in the late 1960's. In 1965, Carroll Shelby fitted a prototype Paxton Supercharger to the GT350 starting the Shelby/Paxton relationship. Eleven total Paxton supercharger kits were installed by the Shelby factory and a number of additional kits were sold to customers for retro installation. The CS 6 stands poised to continue the great Shelby/Paxton tradition of producing consummate performance-modified autos.

The Shelby CS 6 is racing-styled in the custom of great Shelby cars from the past but updated to create a unique and modern design. Among the interior and exterior modifications to the CS 6:

* Custom hood
* Custom brakes
* Custom 20" American Racing wheels
* Shelby Automobiles badging

Old 11-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby GT SC V8 500 HP

Whoa, where is the turn signals?

IMO:
Hood = Damn cool!
Stripes = Meh.
Spoiler = Too much
Side scoops = probably cool (need better picture)
Grill lights = OMG I GOTTA GET THAT!
Bottom bumper = Cool but I don't think it needs those extra 2 lights.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:25 PM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

Shelby is ruining his name
Old 11-03-2005, 10:32 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I don't buy it - why would Shelby put his name on a Pimped out Ride like that, when he's got his own GT500 SC due out in 2007 [&:] Don't get me wrong, it looks damn cool. But I think the 22's are little wack - hell my 20's are close enough to ghetto, but at least I got 2 inches of rubber unlike the alligator treads on that thing.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:52 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

2GKT5
Shelby is ruining his name

2GKT5 I do not know a lot about Shelby history but why do you say he is ruining his name?

These are 2 of the most awesome looking Mustangs, mod exterior cars with the POWER to back it up on a very limited run, now if they were high production runs on a basic stock looking or stock performance Mustang then I would agree with you.

Maybe I am missing something could you enlighten me?

For the record I love the new blue/silver CS6 Shelby and that would be my pick out of the two but I’d prefer the V-8 engine in it of course.

Sowaxeman

don't buy it - why would Shelby put his name on a Pimped out Ride like that, when he's got his own GT500 SC due out in 2007 Don't get me wrong, it looks damn cool. But I think the 22's are little wack - hell my 20's are close enough to ghetto, but at least I got 2 inches of rubber unlike the alligator treads on that thing.
Sowaxeman isn’t it true he has nothing to do with Ford anymore but they just use his name? These two limited run blue Mustang’s has backing his input design and really are more of a true Shelby car collector wise.

OK flame away guys!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:59 PM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

Really like the front, the grill lights are really cool, But the Wing what were they thinking!! that has to go, and the wheels look like they came off a ricer. But 500 HP I'll take it.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:03 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Whoa, where is the turn signals?

IMO:
Hood = Damn cool!
Stripes = Meh.
Spoiler = Too much
Side scoops = probably cool (need better picture)
Grill lights = OMG I GOTTA GET THAT!
Bottom bumper = Cool but I don't think it needs those extra 2 lights.

Hood = Damn cool! / Agreed
Stripes = Meh. / Yep not bold enough to be Shelby stripes but I still like it
Spoiler = Too much / I agree nice ducktail in its place
Side scoops = probably cool (need better picture) / I like the scoops
Grill lights = OMG I GOTTA GET THAT! / I like the lights close together /like the Foose car
Bottom bumper = Cool but I don't think it needs those extra 2 lights. / Totaly agree

Wow where are the turn signals? I didn't even notice that till you mentioned it.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:05 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

JJ Stang
But the Wing what were they thinking!!
Exactly
Old 11-03-2005, 11:45 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

I prefer the Cervini top end model myself....but i gotta get a hood like that. Much better than the saleen one imo
Old 11-03-2005, 11:46 PM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

With the combination of that wing and all those lights, oncoming drivers at night might mistake it for a ****ing airplane. Those rims belong on an escalade. The interior is amazingly uneconomical.

About the only thing that is remotely close to anything Shelby is the power.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT SC V8 500 HP added more CS6 info