Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 09:55 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger opinion

Once someone comes out with an adapter to re-locate the intake, I think it will be good and I don't doubt for a second that someone will. I think it will be difficult to find a good place for the filter though and I'm sure that's why they put it where they did. The best place seems to be where they put the compressor but you certainly can't put it near there now. Currently though it sucks in hot air (expanded air=less volume). Then in the process of compressing the air it is heated even more. I'm sure the air-air intercooler brings the temperature down some but it still leaves 2 problems.

1- because the air was hot to start with and heated again, it would make sense that it's pretty hot. As the compressed air is passed through the intercooler it is condensed (less pressure). This drops the effective boost level and is very inefficient.

2- because the air is cooled but no intercooler is perfect, the air is still hotter than a more efficient compressor. That promotes detonation and represents less burnable O2. -Joe

ORIGINAL: lostsoul
I agree that procharger put a bad place to put the intake.. but most of the air is being sucked through the intercooler in the front of the car. Also its a matter of time before someone comes comes out with an adapter for it.. they did for the f150s. Also, the unit still makes 430-460rwhp with hot air ... I think the cheapest unit you will find will be the vortech with out the cooler and thats got to be 4K I think.. keep saving.. all most there
Old 11-21-2005, 10:01 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger opinion

you will be amazed at what a good sized 3 core intercooler can do. I have heard of temps 120 or less with the units. But if it worries you then you can get ram air like the RKsport.. I wish they came out with a hood like the cobras =-/.... someday