Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Rims for a Particular Color!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:23 PM
tangtang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best Rims for a Particular Color!

has anyone else tried to put an older rim on the new modes?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:18 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Go white bullits. I did, and it looks awesome.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:00 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I think the 'bullitt' (torq-thrust-D clones) will always be one of the best looking wheels for a performance car with '60s-ish' styling...the ones above are 'perfect' to me for an 05. Classic look, old school depth compared to the modern 'flat as a hubcap' wheels...

to me a white car is kinda unique- with full polished wheels its really sharp, the wheels 'almost look white' on it the car almost tames down the look of the shiny wheels a bit- not boo blingy......the dark grey centers though, seem to go with anything...I like them on white too.

on a darker car, I prefer darker centers as the full polished look sticks out a bit too much for me...bling...
I'd like to see some color keyed centers on above pictured wheels - I really think that would be cool- even better yet on a striped car- with centers stripe color. Preferred finish to me is machined, non clearcoated, scotchbrite/wax as needed- will last forever, as long as you dont let them go too long and start pitting...not really much work to keep them decent. **thinking about it, the dark gray(argent I think ford called it) centers might be a nice subtle stripe color on my vista blue...hmm...color key the stripes to match the wheels instead of the other way around...

Alcoa started 'durabrite' treating forged semi wheels a few years ago, lasts long time, just hose it off once in a while- hope this migrates to car wheels someday, but doubt it would work as well on a casting, as too porous. Dunno how it works, but it does work well...we made prototypes of the 'fanblade' as everyone calls them a couple years ago, they were forged, wonder if production version is cast? bet it is...
I think the machined look is more impressive than the polished on some wheels, but at work thats how I usually see them...I personally dont like clearcoated anything as I keep cars too long- a chip in the clear and you get a white blister underneath...only fix is sand it off and polish out(reclear if so desired). clearcoat is kinda maintenance free for a couple years unless you drive gravel roads once in a while...polished without clearcoat is a never ending buffing battle, would not recommend it...the late model rims I put on my 65 galaxie I stripped/sanded/polished, but they dont stay too shiny too long...next time I'll probably just scotchbrite them, and get more time between cleanings...the old scotchbrite or SOS pad makes pretty quick work of brightening them back up as long as you dont neglect them too long.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:34 AM
brandon6065

hey man i think you should look into the black crome thats what i have and i think there awsome .
Old 11-16-2005, 03:12 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brandon6065

hey man i think you should look into the black crome thats what i have and i think there awsome .
This is what I am looking to get......the black chrome is awesome
Old 03-19-2006, 11:14 AM
3danimation

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

I think the 'bullitt' (torq-thrust-D clones) will always be one of the best looking wheels for a performance car with '60s-ish' styling...the ones above are 'perfect' to me for an 05. Classic look, old school depth compared to the modern 'flat as a hubcap' wheels...

to me a white car is kinda unique- with full polished wheels its really sharp, the wheels 'almost look white' on it the car almost tames down the look of the shiny wheels a bit- not boo blingy......the dark grey centers though, seem to go with anything...I like them on white too.

on a darker car, I prefer darker centers as the full polished look sticks out a bit too much for me...bling...
I'd like to see some color keyed centers on above pictured wheels - I really think that would be cool- even better yet on a striped car- with centers stripe color. Preferred finish to me is machined, non clearcoated, scotchbrite/wax as needed- will last forever, as long as you dont let them go too long and start pitting...not really much work to keep them decent. **thinking about it, the dark gray(argent I think ford called it) centers might be a nice subtle stripe color on my vista blue...hmm...color key the stripes to match the wheels instead of the other way around...

Alcoa started 'durabrite' treating forged semi wheels a few years ago, lasts long time, just hose it off once in a while- hope this migrates to car wheels someday, but doubt it would work as well on a casting, as too porous. Dunno how it works, but it does work well...we made prototypes of the 'fanblade' as everyone calls them a couple years ago, they were forged, wonder if production version is cast? bet it is...
I think the machined look is more impressive than the polished on some wheels, but at work thats how I usually see them...I personally dont like clearcoated anything as I keep cars too long- a chip in the clear and you get a white blister underneath...only fix is sand it off and polish out(reclear if so desired). clearcoat is kinda maintenance free for a couple years unless you drive gravel roads once in a while...polished without clearcoat is a never ending buffing battle, would not recommend it...the late model rims I put on my 65 galaxie I stripped/sanded/polished, but they dont stay too shiny too long...next time I'll probably just scotchbrite them, and get more time between cleanings...the old scotchbrite or SOS pad makes pretty quick work of brightening them back up as long as you dont neglect them too long.
what size tires you using?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:42 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

thats not my car- just a pic of what I think is the best looking wheel, and what Id like to get for mine
that pic came from a thread in here somewhere- I'll try to find it later, and see if the owner posted his tire sizes too- sweet looking car...
Old 03-19-2006, 01:53 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Well, I'll say this.....and this is just my opinion.....but if you are gonna put stripes on your car, don't go with dark spoked rims. I feel that brighter polished, chrome, and silver rims do better on striped cars than, say, black rims. Also, I'd stay away from black rims if you are going with a yellow car. It could work, I guess, but every example I've seen so far makes the car look "off".
If I decide to stay stock black then I will be considering some 18" black bullitts. If I go with my stripes (as I plan to do for now) then I will find some non-painted spoke rims for her.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Sonic blue with white bullet rims (just like STANMAN's but with spinners) and white stripes.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, yeah. Black Chrome!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/31863/039CAFBD84FF4C37BF4402180FA68026.jpg[/IMG]

wtf's with the thumbnail??

Quick Reply: Best Rims for a Particular Color!