Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry, guys. I'm DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 04:35 PM
zx9rpilot
2nd Gear Member

Default Sorry, guys. I'm DONE!

Even though I haven't posted much, I have been involved in the search for a Mustang since late '04. I am a Service Manager at an independent repair facility and my wife is a Service Advisor at a Ford Dealer and I just can't seem to find what I want. I guess I'm being too picky.

Guess I'll have to go back to plan A.......2006 Audi S4. I had a 2000 and loved it. Sorry guys!

To those that have your Stang, Good Job!. For those that don't....Good Luck!

Smell My Face! Peace and Chicken Grease!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:43 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sorry, guys. I'm DONE!

What were you looking for?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:47 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I'm kinda picky too, maybe too much as the new mustang is THE ONLY NEW car I'd even consider right now...just curious about 2 things:

1) if audi was plan A, why searching for the mustang? make sure you end up with what you want, not just settle for what you have to is all I'd like to say...if you prefer the audi, go for it, if you prefer the mustang, dont give up your dream. dont want to regret anything years down the road.

2) really curious, what has been hard to find for you- specific color/wheel/interior combo?
I for one do wish ford had more than 2 basic choices on the gt...I'd have preferred message center/mycolor WITHOUT the aluminum dash trim, and a couple other little things...maybe side airbags without the IUP...wish a few more color choices were offered, antenna delete(like dual rears), etc...I ordered 99% of what I wanted, adjustments can be made later I guess...
Old 11-14-2005, 02:50 AM
blackened
2nd Gear Member

take care that you don't line up against me at a light
Old 11-14-2005, 03:03 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

I'm picky also. I was a die hard GM fan for years. Last year I sold my pride and joy. A vehicle that I built from the ground up. I never thought there would be an acceptable replacement until I saw my first 05 Mustang. I had to have it. Now I do and I couldn't be happier. I love the car and the comunity of Mustang enthusiastas are great too. Sorry to see you gave up. Best of luck to you.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:49 AM
zx9rpilot
2nd Gear Member

Well, the perfect car is:

Vista Blue, Black or Charcoal interior, 5 spd. manual, Int. Upgrade Pkg, Active Anti-Theft, Side Seat Air Bags, 18" wheels.

Wouldn't think that's too hard to find, but apparently it is. Even flexed on EVERYTHING but the exterior color and still can't find anything close to local.....am in the D.C. area and have checked all of Va. and Md.

"Well, you can order it and we'll have it for you in 12-18 weeks." Don't want to wait that long.

Well, the S4 is $20K more....that is probably the biggest deterrent.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:50 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Iup 18's and security WERE (dunno now) all commodity restricted- big allocations reqd to get all 3 quickly- did you try carlos at garyyeomans in daytona? he promises 10 weeks or less...also suggest calling tripleA (just found out they sell cars too) and let them do the legwork- some guys say AAA cant get mustang GT, but I know of one guy at least who did...hopefully whatever you really want can be found- but I know the nustang ordering situation does pretty much suck...If I didnt feel this was one of if not THE coolest car ever I'd have ran away long ago...

I was 'done' three days after the car haulersmashed mine after all the waiting- gave up for all of 5 minutes...regional ford guy called me and its back on- hoping to see #2 first week of December
Old 11-14-2005, 12:17 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zx9rpilot

Even though I haven't posted much, I have been involved in the search for a Mustang since late '04. I am a Service Manager at an independent repair facility and my wife is a Service Advisor at a Ford Dealer and I just can't seem to find what I want. I guess I'm being too picky.

Guess I'll have to go back to plan A.......2006 Audi S4. I had a 2000 and loved it. Sorry guys!

To those that have your Stang, Good Job!. For those that don't....Good Luck!

Smell My Face! Peace and Chicken Grease!
What are you looking for? Tell us and maybe someone on this board may be able to get a lead for you.

Ford4v429,

Nice looking 69, if you ever decide to get rid of it and my finances will allow for it, let me know. I was born and raised in your area, in the Kenmore area to be exact.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:09 PM
zx9rpilot
2nd Gear Member

Just got a fax from my wife's dealer......all the options I want but in Performance White. Should I bag the Vista Blue and look at other colors? White seems a bit delivery truck/D.C. Sniper van to me.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:27 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

Have you test driven the GT yet? White looks good and you can add just about any color stripe to it. It will be really hard to find exactly what you want right off the lot but you can always buy something close and add what you want later.

Quick Reply: Sorry, guys. I'm DONE!