Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I wait for Cervini's or go with Bow By Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 07:43 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

Default Should I wait for Cervini's or go with Bow By Racing?

I ordered back in Sept from Cervini's $1300.00 side exhaust kit which I was told allow 4-6weeks. It's been 8 weeks and no exhaust. They told me again another 2-3 weeks[:@]https://www.cervinis.com/default.aspx
So I've been thinking about doing Blow by racing kit what do you think?http://www.blowbyracing.com/
Old 11-14-2005, 08:15 PM
brchan
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Should I wait for Cervini's or go with Bow By Racing?

I think the Cervini's kit seems better. From the Blow by website, it's unclear whether the side exhaust kit comes with the exhaust tips and muffler. I know that Cervini's does.
If this helps, I ordered the Cervini's Eleanor kit way back in mid-July, and only today did I just get confirmation from the freight company that the kit is arriving Wednesday. By the way, they said that the exhaust tips were what was holding everything up and that I was high up on the waiting list, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. You might want to give them a call and ask where you are on the waiting list. This will give you a better estimate than if you're just asking for how long you have to wait.

Brchan
Old 11-14-2005, 08:19 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brchan

I think the Cervini's kit seems better. From the Blow by website, it's unclear whether the side exhaust kit comes with the exhaust tips and muffler. I know that Cervini's does.
If this helps, I ordered the Cervini's Eleanor kit way back in mid-July, and only today did I just get confirmation from the freight company that the kit is arriving Wednesday. By the way, they said that the exhaust tips were what was holding everything up and that I was high up on the waiting list, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. You might want to give them a call and ask where you are on the waiting list. This will give you a better estimate than if you're just asking for how long you have to wait.

Brchan
You ordered the full blown kit????
Old 11-14-2005, 08:25 PM
brchan
1st Gear Member

You ordered the full blown kit????
Yeah baby!

It should come in this week, but I have no idea when I can get it painted and installed. I shopped around different body shops, came up with the three best ones in my area (Los Angeles), and it will cost me anywhere between $1,500 to $2,500 for a top notch job.
So it may be New Year's before I can get it done and post pics here.
Come to think of it, maybe a Saleen Supercharger should have been the way to go first... [8D]
Old 11-14-2005, 08:46 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brchan

Brchan
I call them week by week now since 7weeks have past and they are getting in like 10 tips at a time=( I still say they should have had EVERYTHING in and ready before taking orders! i'VE BEEN MAKING PAYMENTS NOW FOR 2MOS on something I don't have and have no ideal when it will come in=(