Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about ordering a 06 Mustang GT Premium

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 11:00 PM
05_YZFR1

Default Question about ordering a 06 Mustang GT Premium

Hello everyone. Hope all is well with everyone’s Pony.

I am looking to purchase a 06 Mustang GT Premium, with 5 speed manual transmission. My dealer is unable to locate one in the Philadelphia area. (Fully loaded except Shaker 1000.) He is unsure if he can order one. He also mentioned something about being unsure if his dealership has any quotas for the Mustang. Anyone know what he is talking about? I am not sure if he is feeding me a line of bs just so I will take what he has on the lot. Also does anyone know (ballpark) how long it would take to get one? I am going back to the dealer on Friday to talk to him. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian
Old 11-23-2005, 11:27 PM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Question about ordering a 06 Mustang GT Premium

should take about 2 months to get.
Don't let him tell you that they can't give a deal on an ordered car too.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:46 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

I agree! I just ordered an '06 Vert GT for $500 over invoice. The only thing is that my dealer told me it could take anywhere between 6 weeks and 6 or 7 months. Didn't really matter to me because it cannot be driven in these hard NE Ohio winters. It would just share the garage with my Vette.

You will get your deal if you shop around. Good luck!
Old 11-24-2005, 12:08 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

To answer you question. The GTs are very difficult to get. Ford is selling more of them than they can make. Your dealer is not lying to you. He probably doesn't even know if he can get a car or when it will come.

I'm in Toronto and I would have had to wait until April or May to get a car I ordered this week.

I got the dealer to run a search of what was out there and I didn't want any of them. I got got lucky though and one came in on the truck the day I went to order one......it was almost ecactly as I had wanted to order it so I bought it right there. A dude had ordered the car in july and got tired of wating so he settled on one he found on a lot.

I got it for much less than sticker price. It's winter dude. If there is a mustang on a lot they want to sell it.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:57 AM
Johnnytuinals
2nd Gear Member

In the Philly area its very hard getting a GT...You will need to go south for a few hours and you find what you want because they have better alocations then we do..Get on on the lot........if you bought a GT in Philly don't think you will see it till april or may and maybe never.......But if thats the case order a 2007 Stang Gt in March from a Big Dealer in the south and you should get the car by July.....Get a 2007 in July instead of a 2006 Gt in May...I think thats the better way to goooo.johnnyt
Old 11-24-2005, 08:17 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Check and see what ford dealers have in their inventory by searching here...this is how we found a GT and v6 convert to test drive.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/dealersh...cate/index.asp
Old 11-24-2005, 11:14 AM
05_YZFR1

Thanks for all the info. I have searched Fords dealer inventory in about a 50+ mile radius. Only found a couple of stick GT's in red. I am looking for a fully loaded one in Legend Lime or Black. Guess I will expand my search, I am prepared to scourer the earth for this car. I am still going to talk to my dealer Friday, maybe he has a better tool to find the car that I want, as the Ford website limit the search to a small radius around a zip code.

Old 11-24-2005, 01:33 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05_YZFR1

Thanks for all the info. I have searched Fords dealer inventory in about a 50+ mile radius. Only found a couple of stick GT's in red. I am looking for a fully loaded one in Legend Lime or Black. Guess I will expand my search, I am prepared to scourer the earth for this car. I am still going to talk to my dealer Friday, maybe he has a better tool to find the car that I want, as the Ford website limit the search to a small radius around a zip code.
awesome. good luck. I am thrilled with mine. I am sure you will love whatever you get.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Kiss Fan
1st Gear Member

Check out Sam Galloway Ford in Ft. Myers, Florida. They have 29 '06 GT verts in stock in all colors. Your Philly dealer should be able to get the car from them, or you can deal with them directly. And with that many cars in stock you should be able to get a good deal. Try other dealers in Florida also...I almost bought my at Sun State Ford in Orlando, but at the time demand was MUCH higher and they wanted $3G over sticker. Seems to have calmed down now. Keep searching, you'll find it. Good luck.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:15 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

heres a thread pasted from a truck forum on how allocation works:
click here for info on allocations

the problem with your dealer FINDING one is twofold- they gotta find the match, and that dealer has to be willing to trade it at cost- when my first car got messed up at delivery, Kzinti over at blueovalforums.com found me 5 similar within 5-600 miles, but none of them were being let go of- those dealers were trying still to gouge at oversticker.

Fastest way to get a GT will be to order thru Carlos at garyyeomans ford in daytona, I had another name that was also in florida and still taking xplan, but think I lost it- will let you know if I find it. Carlos sold a lot of cars to guys over at allfordmustangs.com and have always heard good things. Was going to reorder my car thru him at X, but then regional guy called and offered priority one and added warranty on a replacement build, so stayed local...carlos got some guys cars in about a month, guarantees like 10 weeks max. Due to the allocation BS, the huge dealer is the only way to order...good luck in your search- word of caution though- if its been sitting on a lot, tell then you want to know mileage- I'd be scared to buy a 'test driven' car, as have read several reviews from 'test drivers' that took one out and thrashed the hell out of it. Redlining a tight motor would definitely not be a good thing for durability...I'd wait and order, and shop for a deal. the way carlos does it he has the car drop shipped from the cactory on the same hauler at dealer of your choice, they charge 150~200 bucks to do the required 'prep' bull$hit. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Question about ordering a 06 Mustang GT Premium