Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have all 6 lights on at once for ROUSH owners

Old 11-30-2005, 04:48 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default Have all 6 lights on at once for ROUSH owners

Roush wires their lower fog lights to your stock foglamps and then has that little switch to toggle between the two when your foglights are on. They have to wire it like this for legal reasons. Try splicing into them and hooking them up together and you get a very intimidating 6 light beam. looks awesome when they are all on at the same time.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:53 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Have all 6 lights on at once for ROUSH owners

Probably the switch triggers a set of relays for each. So i would just connect the lead wires and leave it on 1 switch
Old 11-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

That would look killer. It makes me think though, I always get on-coming traffic flashing their lights at me when I have on my fogs on the GT....I can just imagine what drivers would do with 6 lights on.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:23 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Absoultely right ren274u. And Cruehead - I pretty much just use them at the track, when I want someone to get out of my way, and when there's not much traffic on the highway. I got the same reaction from my stock fogs too so I rarely used them anyway. Main purpose was for the track, just looks so damn mean...
Old 11-30-2005, 06:01 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

i hate when they flash me for the fogs, it doesnt even blind them but they see 4 lights and flash
Old 11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cruehead

That would look killer. It makes me think though, I always get on-coming traffic flashing their lights at me when I have on my fogs on the GT....I can just imagine what drivers would do with 6 lights on.
i just realized a few days ago that most people who don't know much about mustangs think that those are our high beams...that could be why
Old 11-30-2005, 07:29 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: chrisc

ORIGINAL: Cruehead

i just realized a few days ago that most people who don't know much about mustangs think that those are our high beams...that could be why
I have noticed that as well. can you imagine their surprise when they see the REAL highbeams? bwahahaha - bye bye retinas.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ren274u

i hate when they flash me for the fogs, it doesnt even blind them but they see 4 lights and flash
Yep, I drive with all 4 on or nothing! Just looks cool to waste!
People that flash you about high beams when they aren't on are called a "flashole"

Ren274u, you got any pictures with all 6 lights on?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:53 PM
diablito
1st Gear Member

I don't worry much about the rest of the world, just as long as my car looks cool driving by. My solution is if you stay behind the same car for more than 5 minutes, you're not drivng your mustang like its meant to be driven. I guess I'm an agressive driver and that's my mentality.

P.S. Man I bet all those lights makes it look like a beast coming from people's rearview mirrors.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Absoultely right ren274u. And Cruehead - I pretty much just use them at the track, when I want someone to get out of my way, and when there's not much traffic on the highway. I got the same reaction from my stock fogs too so I rarely used them anyway. Main purpose was for the track, just looks so damn mean...
I use them every morning at 6:30 on my way to work. Hey, they're there...why not use them. I did the same with my '91 GT as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have all 6 lights on at once for ROUSH owners