Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IS IT TACKY TO USE COBRA EMBLEMS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:32 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: IS IT TACKY TO USE COBRA EMBLEMS?

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Centercaps are just saying the car is using the same rims as a Cobra IMO, not that your car is trying to be a cobra...
Makes sense but last question - What makes a cobra a cobra? Simply Ford saying it is a cobra? I currently have lot's of cobra parts in my motor and soon will have a cobra crank and cobra block to. I'll basically have a modified cobra engine. I was thinking the badge was reflecting this but is it your opinion that it needs to be a cobra in every sense of the factory word to warrant the badge?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Kind of a Fuzzy line I guess. I think it's okay to use the parts and if the parts happen to have the emblem on them (rims being a good example) like let's say the intake or the valve covers.

If you do a really good job of cloning a Cobra (including engine and suspension) I guess you could put the eblems on it (performance being similar). VIN# is the only thing that cannot be changed. So in a sense, Ford SAYING it's a Cobra (assigned the VIN#) is it.... especially since the true value of the car is based on the VIN and the mods.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:40 PM
KFC
1st Gear Member

If you like the snakes then put them on. I'm tempted to put some cobra badges on my car just because people are saying not to.

There wasn't a cobra made for 05 or 06 so it's not like your trying to fool anyone to pass it off as a production cobra.

No offense intended, but I find the King Cobras to be an eyesore...each to their own. The 05 GT has more credentials to wear a snake IMHO. I'm sure I'll get some flames for that.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KFC

If you like the snakes then put them on. I'm tempted to put some cobra badges on my car just because people are saying not to.

There wasn't a cobra made for 05 or 06 so it's not like your trying to fool anyone to pass it off as a production cobra.

No offense intended, but I find the King Cobras to be an eyesore...each to their own. The 05 GT has more credentials to wear a snake IMHO. I'm sure I'll get some flames for that.
No offense taken, to each his own. I liked the KC, have to keep in mind of the times. I think the word eyesore is a bit stronge though. I personally thought the Fox body Mustangs had little or nothing that resembled a Mustang. The Mustang II had many more elements that refered to the traditional Mustang than any Fox body. The only thing that wasn't mustang about the II's was the engine performance out of the box. It also handled very well, the KC's had a large front and back anti-sway bar then all other II's.

I'll say this I haven't gotten my 2006 GT, but I would bet bottm dollar that my KC with all the mods I had done will beat it any day of the week.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:00 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

I voted that it's tacky to use Cobra emblems, but the 95 Mustang convertible that my daughter drives at college has been modified with Cobra emblems. She keeps getting asked about it too. We decided that it's easier to leave them on there than to try to make it look correct.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:04 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

I think in your case you have definitly put int he engine time, i don't know what all you have doen with the suspension but if that gets overhauled then yes, cobra emblems shouldnt be a problem since you bould back up your claim.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:14 PM
RetiredGeneral
2nd Gear Member

Not my taste...
However, if you have the emblem, you better have the power to back it up. Nothing worse than a punk in an import bosting he beat a new Cobra...
Old 12-01-2005, 06:23 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

i think it looks good, sure its not a "cobra" but its certainly has the DNA, i think it looks sharp, go 4 it.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:48 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, double post???
Old 12-01-2005, 06:49 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

Arrr, triple post? Stupid computers!!!

Quick Reply: IS IT TACKY TO USE COBRA EMBLEMS?