Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I met Stu Pididiot!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I met Stu Pididiot!

Now y'all got me wondering how old you are is why the way you answered the way you did on this subject? I'll fess up that I really am a old lady... 50!
Old 12-04-2005, 05:15 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wildabouthorses

Now y'all got me wondering how old you are is why the way you answered the way you did on this subject? I'll fess up that I really am a old lady... 50!
I'm 48. Here I am with my son and two of our 3 Mustangs--I think this is last January right after I got the '05. 50, that's YOUNG!!
[IMG]local://upfiles/15847/A70C353188CA4A14AEA732191159259D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-04-2005, 05:36 PM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

I had an Accord V6 coupe mess around in front of me the other day. Traveling down the freeway, the traffic in front of us clears up a little and he gets on it. I could smell his cats burning. He must've hit it pretty hard. I pressed down on the accelerator and kept behind him. He slowly started to creep off just a smidge when he hit VTEC. But I got up in the RPM band around the same time and quickly reduced the miniscule gap he made. Must've made him feel pretty good to pull away from an '05 Mustang GT.

BTW, I never shifted down from 5th or went more than 1/4 throttle. Had I actually raced with him, it would've been a slaughter. I used to have an '04 Accord V6 in the household. They have good HP numbers and are fairly swift off the line, but they're not too impressive at freeway speeds.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:38 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

lol wow i am young, i am 17

so yes...there is a bit of testosterone in the car but i try to keep it to a minimum
Old 12-04-2005, 09:29 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

i'm 34 and have been racing legally and illegally since the age of 14. i did street race for a while when i was younger but quickly realized how easy it is to get caught. our street races were always at night on a desolate road as our cars were really fast( mine ran 10.80 with out the jug but had it for an insurance policy to make sure i didn't lose) no rice ever. some guys had tube chassied cars with slicks. we always had watchers on top end and watchers at the start. they would alert us if any traffic was nearby. when a few people got caught and lost there licences i switched to totally legal drag racing and have ever since. that's not to say i don't play a little but never a full on race like before.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:33 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spyder7724

i'm 34 and have been racing legally and illegally since the age of 14. i did street race for a while when i was younger but quickly realized how easy it is to get caught. our street races were always at night on a desolate road as our cars were really fast( mine ran 10.80 with out the jug but had it for an insurance policy to make sure i didn't lose) no rice ever. some guys had tube chassied cars with slicks. we always had watchers on top end and watchers at the start. they would alert us if any traffic was nearby. when a few people got caught and lost there licences i switched to totally legal drag racing and have ever since. that's not to say i don't play a little but never a full on race like before.
I TRY to set a good example for my 19 year old, and we've got a project car for the track in the works (86 GT)--it took a while to get this 235000 mile beast running, but now it's his daily driver. After his third moving violation I said enough was enough. The need for speed can be fulfilled at the dragstrip or track, and he seems in to that. If not, he'll lose his license for sure. Then what???

Can't wait to be next to him at the staging lanes next spring...

Hey, aren't you the guy who pointed me to Woodbine Motorsports? Called JJ up the other day and had a long chat about the '05 project...

John
Old 12-04-2005, 10:59 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

That was me. My dad basically did the same thing with me. I got a bunch of tickets the first month i drove then after an accident he took my tags and drop the insurance on it. FYI don't give a 16 year old a 10 sec (high 9's on the sauce)street car!!
what did you think of JJ? he's a real nice guy and really good with the sct tunes. i sold him my old enclosed trailer and scooter thats how i met him. i gotta call him this week to get scheduled for a dyno day. i'm in the middle of putting the hooker long tubes on. what a pain in the a$$!!! taking off the stock ones sucked. i should have waited and put them on when i drop the k-member next week.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:50 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

FYI don't give a 16 year old a 10 sec (high 9's on the sauce)street car!.
exactly the reason why i have a v6 [:@]

cant complain though, having an 06 mustang at 17 is great
Old 12-05-2005, 12:15 AM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

no sh*t!!! that's one hell of a first car(or at least one the first of your cars). the V6 isn't as bad as everybody says. your car makes as much power as my 5.0 did new!! with a couple of mods and a zex N2O kit you could smoke alot of GT's out there.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:31 AM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

That was me. My dad basically did the same thing with me. I got a bunch of tickets the first month i drove then after an accident he took my tags and drop the insurance on it. FYI don't give a 16 year old a 10 sec (high 9's on the sauce)street car!!
what did you think of JJ? he's a real nice guy and really good with the sct tunes. i sold him my old enclosed trailer and scooter thats how i met him. i gotta call him this week to get scheduled for a dyno day. i'm in the middle of putting the hooker long tubes on. what a pain in the a$$!!! taking off the stock ones sucked. i should have waited and put them on when i drop the k-member next week.
The '04 I bought him is a v6, but he swapped out the exhaust the first week and added an cold air kit, upgraded this and that, and suddenly I was driving it all over the place, that's what got ME hooked again and bought the '05. But he kept getting violations and 1 minor accident, and so I had to do the dad thing. So we drive safe on the street, and save the testosterone for the track. Just a "drag" us mid-Atlantic folks don't have it available year round...

Haven't met JJ yet, just talked over my plans on the phone. I'm going to have him put in my gears, lower control arms and panhard bar, and may try having him dynotune my C&L cold air.

So the headers are that bad, huh? I assume you have to lift the engine up a bit to make room...

John

Quick Reply: I met Stu Pididiot!