Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can i handle a mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Can i handle a mustang?

hey.. im 18 and i have a 05 GT and it's my first car... u have to take it easy first few months untill u find a good empty spot to test your cars handling and ability thats what i did....no on the streets i push my car to it's limits...

btw i have an automatic transmition and i tried the manual trans 05 GT pretty much the same but the manual has more top power and u can hear the screaming of ur tire whenever u want...
Old 12-05-2005, 05:25 PM
05vert
1st Gear Member

It's all about the driver....you can have a 4 cylinder civic and be a moron and kill yourself. If you can afford it, get the GT, same advise I would give to anyone who asks....
Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

Saud. do u study at the petrolium institute????????? cuz i do
Old 12-05-2005, 06:29 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

how do u like those black bullitts, they look great, what size and where did u get them, i have been shopping them
Old 12-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Dan66Stang
2nd Gear Member

Uhh, Im 18 and the baby in my sig is my first car. Just be responsible with it.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:43 PM
05vert
1st Gear Member

Dan66....pretty impressive for your first car, my compliments!!

Torch red....thanks a lot. I love the black bullitts, I get more compliments on them than anything else. they are 18x9...I am running 255's all around. I think you could go up to 275 if you wanted. I got them off Ebay, from the following vendor, http://stores.ebay.com/O-E-Wheels I was concerned because they were so cheap....but the quality is great. That company manufactures the wheels themselves.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:44 PM
whackbag
1st Gear Member

It's pretty much guaranteed that you will wreck your first car, god knows I did (good thing I only spent 400 dollars for it). I would get a beater for your first car, crash it, learn your lesson, then consider the mustang.....
Old 12-05-2005, 06:47 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin. I wrecked my first car, then got an 83 Cadillac and used that to wreck someone elses.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:51 PM
whackbag
1st Gear Member

allfyre, I am totally with you, I guess us old farts have the experience. I bought a beat up 78 Formula Firebird, and crashed it. Then I moved to an 84 GT... What a nice car. Then I moved to a T Bird, 96 GT Convertible, 2000 GT coupe, now the 06 GT coupe...
Old 12-05-2005, 06:56 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

umm... guys the driving style there is diffrent from ours

our streets have sidewalks in between the coming and going side....there are traffic lights everywhere...roundabouts....driving in uae is alot easier than other places...i have seen american streets german street's the are just not comfortable for beginner driviers especially munich in germany...but here its alot easy...what im trying to say is if he really wants the mustag GT he should take it but he have to be super carefull....

UAE_Muscle : just try to keep space between you and the ones infront of you....and never try to do burnouts with streets and pavements stuff....u should be carefull from taxi's and women's driving... i have experience on those....if u were the first in the traffic light never push it hard ones it's green those toyota pickup cruiser guys are crazy they can take you and your car to another world lol....just keep practising the mustangs handling in an empty wide road...because when ur in a mustang its really uncomfortable for first few times the hood is tall and the rear is near u may be used to other cars like camry or these cars but the handling is 180 degrees difrent man....

Quick Reply: Can i handle a mustang?