Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can i handle a mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 03:58 PM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

Default Can i handle a mustang?

is driving a mustang gt manual as ur first car is not a good idea? because some mustang owners told me that no way i can handle it because ur 18 and its ur first car.

just want ur opinion.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:02 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Can i handle a mustang?

its fine if you act mature, is that YOUR car pictured
Old 12-05-2005, 04:09 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't recommend it. You're likely to crash your first car at some point. Get something you're not going to be so attached to and drive it for like a year to get some practical experience then crash it and get yourself a GT. The Mustang is a good car (and I would consider it a safe car) but a RWD car with a manual transmission, lots of power and torque might not be the best choice for your first. Not that you'll be driving in a lot of rain and snow, but still.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: UAE_Muscle

is driving a mustang gt manual as ur first car is not a good idea? because some mustang owners told me that no way i can handle it because ur 18 and its ur first car.

just want ur opinion.
umm..that's like asking if you had the chance to have a playboy centerfold as your first girlfriend if you should or not....

Even if it doesn't work out, you will learn more than you would've without her...it..the car... That and it's noice to look at! [sm=smiley20.gif] If you don't, you'll spend the rest of your life (well maybe not the entire rest of it) why you didn't drive her..err it!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:13 PM
DuBaI
1st Gear Member

hmmm.. in my opinon mustang is a pretty good car.. but u have to be careful a bit..
Old 12-05-2005, 04:41 PM
johney5

If you get a mustang now...it will be like sleeping with two hot models..you'll have nothing to look foward to later. You'll grow up jaded, depressed and never able to move on to a higher place. Or worse, you'll realize that all the hot girls in your school, would actually think you are cooler if you drove a Prius.
I say, don't do it...you'll be screwed for life.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:56 PM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

thank you for your coments.

no torch red it not my car

Old 12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

the 05 mustang gt is my first car, its actually my fathers car and not yet mine but i drive it and take care of it like it was my own, i havnt had a problem with it but then again i dont go around getting all cocky in it but every once in a while i'll get on it now that i feel a bit more confident, if you can get a mustang for a first car go for it, but be careful is all i have to say.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:02 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

You will be fine with a GT as your first car. Just be responsible and take care of the car. If you can get it as your first car than more power too you. Good luck with it. You are 18 anyway you should be more than mature enough to handle it. I got my first stang when I was 18. It was not my first car and I paid for it. I am 21 now and on my 3rd GT and I have yet to get pulled over in any of them or get into an accident.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:16 PM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

NOTE:in my country you must be 18 to have a driving license not 16 as you[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Quick Reply: Can i handle a mustang?