Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get NON PERFORMANCE Items for your 05' and UP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 12:48 AM
LOUDENUF

Default RE: Where to get NON PERFORMANCE Items for your 05' and UP!

great thread been looking for ideas, I really like the dash kits
Old 03-16-2006, 05:52 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Great thread I agree, a lot of variety in items.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:07 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

Wow thanks for all that info, know to choose what to get first.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Luc

I really like my '05 Mustang Convertable, but there are a few things just driving me nuts with it. One of these minor things is the cupholder. It comes with 2 cupholders. The first one (nearest to the dash) is the right size for me. The second one is much much too big and whenever I put a cup in it, I end up with a spill because it is just too big.

I noticed that professor wizard put the following image that had a different cupholder in the second opening.Image

Is that just a different kind of cup? Did you get a smaller cupholder? I'm looking for some ideas on what to do with that second cup holder. I've been toying with the idea of carving my own insert but was wondering if I'm missing somethings here like a rubber insert. I bought my car new from the dealership, but they missed giving me some things like the owner's manual until I started complaining.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Luc....

That is actually a hard plastic Coolie Cup with a Red neoprene cover. That enlarged cup holder is just right for a soda can WITH a coolie over it. I keep that coolie in there all the time.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Luc

That is actually a hard plastic Coolie Cup with a Red neoprene cover. That enlarged cup holder is just right for a soda can WITH a coolie over it. I keep that coolie in there all the time.
LOL That's what I thought.

Does anyone know if a rubber insert is available. I think older versions of the Mustang had this insert.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:33 AM
xspace

Where can I get a fancy WOOD shift **** for my '06 GT? What's the nicest brake lever ****, and where can I get real leather boots for the shift and brake levers? Finally, what the best fancy fuel door? Thanks, H.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:42 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

Professor Wizard,

I just acquired a sweet, slightly used 05 premium convertible.

I was surprised that it has so few emblems on the car and NO blue oval badge except on the spinners on the wheels.

I located a kid in TN that does custom colored FORD badges in all colors and sizes. I had him do a 3.5 inch FORD oval in gloss black (the insert color, usually FORD blue, is black and the whole item is refinished in a poly-urethane. They can be applied on the exterior or interior.

I positioned the new badge on the dash (interior is black and gray), it is located over the glove box and has the same black and chrome coloring as the vents. It looks so sharp and so factory.

He does the badges custom for other colors and sizes. His site is www.planetauto.com and he was very responsive to e-mails and efficient with his service.

Once I figure out how to do the photos, I will include one.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:02 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

In addition to the badges that I mentioned above, I also upgraded my door sills with the OEM aluminum plates.

MUSTANG TUNING.com sells decal inserts to fill in the stamped out MUSTANG logo. I did the insert color in matte black (interior is gray and black). They are sharp.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:36 PM
sptlckr

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Here is a place for Dash Kits. Not only is this the cheapest place to get the kits, BUT ALSO, on the Mustang kit they have, they cut out the word MUSTANG on the piece that goes over the glove box. Pretty cool! There are lots of things you can do with that by putting underlay behind it to make the letters stand out. They have a large variety of materials available. However, they will not “split” a kit so if you want to mix/match like I did, you have to buy two kits.

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...e.php?cat=2354

You can order 2 samples for free from them to help you decide what material you want.

I purchased and installed Red/Black Carbon Fiber and a Real Aluminum kits from them for my car.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

[/quote]

Thanks Prof. You are doing agian for us!

by the way these guys also have some pretty cool variations of grills for both V6's anf GT's. Check it out

Quick Reply: Where to get NON PERFORMANCE Items for your 05' and UP!