Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my god!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:17 AM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: my god!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all, I got my kit on Saturday and they where close. Like a big kid on christmas who could wait[8D][sm=gears.gif]
Old 12-12-2005, 05:07 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

ok, guy check out some shots=) the rear bumper may need to be sent back due to fit problems
Old 12-13-2005, 12:18 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

I'm not trying to be a jerk, however...
It looks cool but those multiple 90 degree bends on each side are really going to cost you some horsepower. Those extra bends are going to give enough extra restriction that your motor is probably going to run rich unless you get a tune that adjusts for a restrictive exhaust system. Even with that you are still going to loose horsepower. A 90 degree bend is very restrictive. This kit is a terrible desgin in my opinion.
Did you know what your 1/4 mile times were before you put that exhaust on? I'll bet you lost a couple tenths or more with that exhaust.
I'm not going to use that word that begins with an "R" has "ice" in it but this setup sure falls into the same category as any other modification that is designed to make a car "look" faster but actually slows it down instead.
< Flame Suit - "ON" >
Old 12-13-2005, 10:27 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

Funny you should say that. I Magnaflow muffler is a stright threw design and no restrictions at all. I felt alittle more power from just this mod believe it or not. The sound at WOT is nice, but it does have a drone about 1200rpms in OD. It's alittle louder on take off but once you have gotten to where you want to be(speed wise) it sounds not to much louder than stock. At idle it has a nice rummble almost like a flowmaster muffle. This doesn't sound anyway like a stright threw exhaust at all. Did the bends quit it down?? Anyway I like it.....BUT....I have some rattles due to the exhaust hangers vibrating. I will find some kind of rubber washers to put between them and this should help.
ORIGINAL: 281GT

I'm not trying to be a jerk, however...
It looks cool but those multiple 90 degree bends on each side are really going to cost you some horsepower. Those extra bends are going to give enough extra restriction that your motor is probably going to run rich unless you get a tune that adjusts for a restrictive exhaust system. Even with that you are still going to loose horsepower. A 90 degree bend is very restrictive. This kit is a terrible desgin in my opinion.
Did you know what your 1/4 mile times were before you put that exhaust on? I'll bet you lost a couple tenths or more with that exhaust.
I'm not going to use that word that begins with an "R" has "ice" in it but this setup sure falls into the same category as any other modification that is designed to make a car "look" faster but actually slows it down instead.
< Flame Suit - "ON" >
Old 12-14-2005, 01:34 AM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

I'm not questioning the muffler design at all. The Magnaflows flow very well. The stock Ford ones that come on these cars do also. In fact there are loads of reports scattered all over the internet that show zero to minimal hp gains from replacing the factory Ford mufflers with Magnaflows. This is not saying the Magnaflows are bad, to the contrary. What it does say is that the Ford ones are exceptionally good. At any rate, the problem here are the 90 degree bends. Now I am NOT saying that your car doesn't "feel" faster, but I garantee it isn't. Seat of the pants means absolutely nothiing and can be very deceiving. The only way that you could know for sure would have been to test the car before you changed the exhaust and test again after making sure that ambient temperature, altitude, tire pressure and road surface were as close as possible to the original test.
It is pure and simple physics. Try blowing through a straight garden hose and then put a 90 degree bend in it. You will find it takes more effort to push the air through with the bend in the hose. I totally repsect your opinion but you may wish to read up on your exhaust science. Assuming all other systems are functioning correctly, it is physically impossible to get a power gain from changing from a reasonably straight through exhaust system to one that has a number, or even ONE 90 degree bend.
With all that said, it does look cool. I have no doubt that it sounds good too. The bottom line is that it IS your car and if you're happy with it that's cool. I would like to see some pics when it's all finished and painted.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:58 PM
FastBackDan
2nd Gear Member

I guess this time around I'm looking more for looks then power. I had a 02 z28 that dyno 448rwhp and 423rwtq. All this with bolt ons and aftermarket cam 224/228 with a 581/589 lift 112 LSA. good size!. Anyway It would kill my friends 03 cobra and most anything unless they where spraying. So I know stranger to power. I just want a nice driving car that looks great, turns heads. If I wanted a road pounding beast I would have kept the camaro. I love the styling cues on these car, yes some may say that this kit looks like rice. Some may say racing stripes look like rice or fake hood pins or 20inch rims. Each their own. Thanks for all the ++ feedback and will post the shots when done=)
Old 12-14-2005, 11:31 PM
folome

Dan,

Just curious. When did you order your kit? I didn't have any of the problems that you posted, except there were no instructions on the exhaust install. But everything else fit like a glove the first time. I'm just wondering if you got an earlier version of it. I know I was on hold for about a month and a half waiting for them to redesign the exhaust tips on the side exhaust.

Once you get it all installed, it will be all worth it.

Good luck.

Aud
Old 12-15-2005, 12:17 PM
folome

ORIGINAL: 281GT

I'm not questioning the muffler design at all. The Magnaflows flow very well. The stock Ford ones that come on these cars do also. In fact there are loads of reports scattered all over the internet that show zero to minimal hp gains from replacing the factory Ford mufflers with Magnaflows. This is not saying the Magnaflows are bad, to the contrary. What it does say is that the Ford ones are exceptionally good. At any rate, the problem here are the 90 degree bends. Now I am NOT saying that your car doesn't "feel" faster, but I garantee it isn't. Seat of the pants means absolutely nothiing and can be very deceiving. The only way that you could know for sure would have been to test the car before you changed the exhaust and test again after making sure that ambient temperature, altitude, tire pressure and road surface were as close as possible to the original test.
It is pure and simple physics. Try blowing through a straight garden hose and then put a 90 degree bend in it. You will find it takes more effort to push the air through with the bend in the hose. I totally repsect your opinion but you may wish to read up on your exhaust science. Assuming all other systems are functioning correctly, it is physically impossible to get a power gain from changing from a reasonably straight through exhaust system to one that has a number, or even ONE 90 degree bend.
With all that said, it does look cool. I have no doubt that it sounds good too. The bottom line is that it IS your car and if you're happy with it that's cool. I would like to see some pics when it's all finished and painted.

281GT,

I here what your saying, but the stock 05 Mustang GT exhaust isn't that straight. It takes a 90 degree turn in front of the rear axle, and it takes another 90 degree turn and then bends to go up and over the axle. Then it goes through the muffler. Where the Cervini's kit goes through the muffler first, then does the same 90 degree turn in front of the axle and then does a 90 degree turn heading back towards the front, then curves out the side. Personally, I think it's a push as far as the pipe is concerned. But I would have to say I think the Magnaflow muffler has to be less restrictive than the stock muffler, no matter how well Ford designed it.

The real plus to this system is the "cool" factor and the sound.