Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORD (Found On Road Dead)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 05:35 PM
chord509
1st Gear Member

Default RE: FORD (Found On Road Dead)

Let's hope Capt. Hook isn't an alien in disguise. It seems the hook would be an uncomfortable alien probe. Hope you get back here in Austin soon... back to the normal part of the state!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Hidalgo
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

I take offense to the title of this thread.

Yeah! ... Just say:

Driver
Return
On
Foot
Old 12-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Nick

I have never posted here before but I read all the time & feel it might be warranted here.

I have an 05 GT with 18,000 miles on it. My car dies on me all the time, usually after getting off of the freeway & stopping for a red light. The other day it died while I was driving down the road. Sometimes I have to restart it several times to park it in the garage.

Dealer # 1 said it didn't do it for them, so they can't do anything for me.

Dealer # 2 said they don't really have time to take on someone else's problem. (I didn't buy it from them)

Dealer # 3 said keep a log and take it in once or twice more, then file for lemon law & Ford has to buy it back.

I'm not here to bitch, I like my car, but it is getting old. This is just in case others begin to see the same thing. You can bet Ford will not bring it to our attention.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:11 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nick

I have never posted here before but I read all the time & feel it might be warranted here.

I have an 05 GT with 18,000 miles on it. My car dies on me all the time, usually after getting off of the freeway & stopping for a red light. The other day it died while I was driving down the road. Sometimes I have to restart it several times to park it in the garage.

Dealer # 1 said it didn't do it for them, so they can't do anything for me.

Dealer # 2 said they don't really have time to take on someone else's problem. (I didn't buy it from them)

Dealer # 3 said keep a log and take it in once or twice more, then file for lemon law & Ford has to buy it back.

I'm not here to bitch, I like my car, but it is getting old. This is just in case others begin to see the same thing. You can bet Ford will not bring it to our attention.
I've never heard a dealer say they are too busy so take it back the the original dealer. If the car is shutting off and you're not stalling it, then they should be able to find it. Does it ever fail to start? Immobilizer issues or some other ignition issue, sheeesh it could be soooo many things.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:50 PM
roland
1st Gear Member

Keep taking it to the dealer you bought it from. Every time you make a service appt. it goes into their computer system. Whether it dies on them or not right off, eventually it will. As long as you keep showing up with the same problem, it will either get them to look deeper into it, or hopefully they will act as a go-between to Ford, and you won't have to get ugly.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Nick

My car is an automatic so I am not stalling it. The problem is it might go a week without stalling, then stall several times in a 10 minute period and then not do it again for several days or more.

The dealer had it for a couple of days but only looked at it for one of those days. I drive 320 miles per week to get to work & back plus weekend driving. I think unless the dealer is willing to have someone drive it 300-400 miles they might not get it to "act up" for them.

Of course when I bought my car, the only dealer w/ a GT was not close, so it would have been nice to use the dealer 5 minutes from my house for a long term problem.

The car always starts & I have no other issues with the car other than the normal skipper 500 and the strut bearings like everyone else.