Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should i got for it or no ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 06:30 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default Should i got for it or no ?

Well.. i May Have talked alot on this but...:S i called the dealer today and ask them if they can convert my mustang into maunal transmition...they said that they can convert it and its gonna cost about 2,989 ... and im ready to pay that amount of money just to make my dream come true.....well i know some of you guys wonder why i didnt get manual well ive waited long enough and when the time came they said the only cars in stock are the auto's and the others are coming after like 4 months so i said ill get auto..but i whish i never took the auto.... it has some great power and everything u need but i just like to keep shifting...anyway back to the question... they said the gaurantee will be gone..but i asked him and said will it run as same as the manual "? he said yes then i asked him are your mechanics really good ? lol :P he said yes they are proffesional in thier work but we have never converted from auto to manual before.....

so my question is when the car is converted and everything the gaurantee is gone so will there be any disadvantages ? i mean after some time will an problems occur ?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:44 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Should i got for it or no ?

as of what i know, there should be no problems when you convert it

but, i know next year ford will have the 6 speed out for the shelby, and there is already one available for the saleen...just leaving options open
Old 12-14-2005, 07:54 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

hmm.... well the SHELBY is another version of the mustang just as the cobra and the saleen right ? so its not a big prob if it was 5 or 6 speed.... and umm i heard in 08 the motor will be changed so untill then um going to exchange my mustang with a new 08 \

any more options like chrisc are welcome were here to share info
Old 12-14-2005, 08:25 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

I don't know what year your car is but unless it is pre 1984 you would be making a huge mistake. Some might argue that it is a huge mistake on any car.

You will blow any warranty on virtually any drivetrain issues, you will have a homebuilt system, if EFI your ECU will not be set right, and your resale will suck.

My recomendation would be to sell this car and buy a factory manual equipped car if you want to throw around some gears.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:07 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5xStang

I don't know what year your car is..
Did you not see the picture in his sig?

Saud: It sounds like you are running right into a money pit you will never get out of. 1: They offer NO gaurantees, 2: They have never done it before, 3: Has anyone done it before?
I wouldn't do that if I was you.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

NO
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 PM
potro
1st Gear Member

Don't do it!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:43 PM
roland
1st Gear Member

I agree.....BAD IDEA.

Sell the car, take a moderate loss buying a new factory manual, and be done with it.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:48 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

I did in fact notice the sig. Maybe it's different on this forum, but in lots of forums a signature can be a photo dream car as much as a real car. Lots of car guys like to put Enzos as their sig....or pictures of Natasha Hemstrich. And, in view of the nature of the question......

But what do I know; I'm just a newbie to this version of Mustang Ranch.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:14 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Don't do it... Don't shoot yourself in the foot like that.

Take the loss or go with a full aftermarket T56 from a Tranny shop when your warranty goes out.