Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has Pony Center Cap on 17" Bright machined alum Wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:38 PM
PandorasPony

Default Who has Pony Center Cap on 17" Bright machined alum Wheels...

I am wondering if anyone who has these tires has the pony center cap with them.

I bought my 2006 GT a month ago. I have noticed that my 17" Bright Machined Aluminum wheels which I specifically requested after liking them in the brochure, do NOT have the Tri-Bar Pony Center Cap. It just says Ford in the center. Now according to the brochure and the specs page on the Ford site, the only 17"BMA Wheel option shown is WITH the pony center cap. So I want my Pony Center cap. They are trying to tell me I didn't specify that so its an extra option and will cost me 100-200 bucks for it plus service costs, etc and they are not even sure what I want cuz there are a lot of center caps. ?? So then he said he is willing to meet me half way and charge me only half. Well, I can't even find a PRICE for these center caps on the ford site or the internet to make sure he is really only charging me half price.

Any advice or similar situations? Anyone know the price of these center pony caps?

Why I didn't notice this right away, I do not know. I thought SOMETHING was off about my tires, just wasn't sure what. Then it hit me about two weeks later. *sigh*
Old 12-17-2005, 04:28 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Who has Pony Center Cap on 17" Bright machined alum Wheels...

ORIGINAL: PandorasPony

I am wondering if anyone who has these tires has the pony center cap with them.

I bought my 2006 GT a month ago. I have noticed that my 17" Bright Machined Aluminum wheels which I specifically requested after liking them in the brochure, do NOT have the Tri-Bar Pony Center Cap. It just says Ford in the center. Now according to the brochure and the specs page on the Ford site, the only 17"BMA Wheel option shown is WITH the pony center cap. So I want my Pony Center cap. They are trying to tell me I didn't specify that so its an extra option and will cost me 100-200 bucks for it plus service costs, etc and they are not even sure what I want cuz there are a lot of center caps. ?? So then he said he is willing to meet me half way and charge me only half. Well, I can't even find a PRICE for these center caps on the ford site or the internet to make sure he is really only charging me half price.

Any advice or similar situations? Anyone know the price of these center pony caps?

Why I didn't notice this right away, I do not know. I thought SOMETHING was off about my tires, just wasn't sure what. Then it hit me about two weeks later. *sigh*
that's cuz you got a GT. The GT comes with the ford center cap and the sixxer gets the tribar pony.

The 17" rims you have are a standard option choice on the GT but they are an upgrade from the stock 16" rims for the V6 model.

Either way, they are the identical rim with different center caps. I have the same ones and I kinda haate the ford cap as well.

I'm pretty sure the caps are an easy swap though. You could even get the 3 blade spinners if you were feeling adventurous. [8D]
Old 12-17-2005, 10:55 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

theres plenty of places you can get the stock 3 tri-bar pony spinners for about 100:
http://www.mustangtuning.com/ststwhsp.html

or you can get the slanted ones if your feeling a bit bold:
http://www.mustangtuning.com/swstwhsp.html
Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

I've ordered my GT and have been wondering the same thing also. I really don't like those "Ford" center caps, I want the pony ones, I think I've seen these:
http://www.mustangtuning.com/bucecap.html
on eBay but the auction said that they fit all Mustang wheels, except for the 17 Bright Machined Aliminum wheels! What's so different about these wheels that the regular center caps don't fit on them?!?!
Old 12-18-2005, 01:23 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Hmmmm...my spinners have Ford in the middle of them and its a 05 premium V6 convert
Old 12-19-2005, 01:43 AM
flyingkiwi

I got the tri-bar center caps on my 17" brights. Premium 06 GT that was delivered in September. So I think you're correct in your assumption that you should have got them from new. I'd kick up a fuss with the dealer who sounds as if he's trying to take you for a ride and charge you more then cost to get them as it is.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:01 AM
PandorasPony

Yea, the more I look at the brochure and the specs page, the more I think I should just have the pony center cap. The guy was being kinda bitchy and telling me there is a clear option of with or w/o and I can't just change my mind later. So I drove down there and spoke to someone different. They thought I meant the spinner tri-bar center like on Wild's car. When I showed them my tires (as shown below) and how there is NO OPTION IN THE BROCHURE OR THE WEBPAGE w/ the Ford center, only the PONY center is offered, they kinda got quiet. But he reminded me I already agreed to pay for half the cost. so they are ordering my pony caps now.

I did see the ones dkano suggested, but I noticed they won't go on my 17" brights for some reason.

Holy f-in moly. That picture was the size of Canada. Had to take it out. too lazy to chop it.

lol. why are my pictures exploding to huge proportions?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:37 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wildabouthorses

Hmmmm...my spinners have Ford in the middle of them and its a 05 premium V6 convert
Mine also say Ford on my V6 premium. Maybe the hardtops came with the pony?

I also think a horsey would look better than the Ford emblem on the center cap. The links above say you get to use your own emblem, so I don't think they're a valid choice for converting.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:52 PM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

You got hosed, dude. On the upgrade GT wheels, the 05s came with the Ford logo and the tri-bars were new for the 06s. Sounds like they either are recycling old wheels or they may have even sold your centercaps.

I have an 05 and like the tri-bars much better. I looked into them, and you can buy them from the dealer for less than $100 (~$85-90). What they're quoting you is nonsense. You should raise a stink and ask who they report to. Maybe take a walk around their lot and ask them to point out where the "option" is on the sticker... GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Here is a scan of the 2006 Canadian Mustang brochure. LOL might be different in the states but I doubt it.

You will notice in small print under each of the 17" bullitts that it says what I said. So I wasn't making this **** up LOL.

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

The GT comes with the ford center cap and the sixxer gets the tribar pony.

The 17" rims you have are a standard option choice on the GT but they are an upgrade from the stock 16" rims for the V6 model.
I dunno. I looked on the US Ford website and they only list one option for the 17" bullitts on the GT as well......the ones with the Ford logo. However, I also looked at the V6 car option and it's the exact same picture. There is never any mention of the centercaps on the site. I did a screen shot. Maybe you can zoom in enough to see the centercaps.

Does anyone have a 2006 US brochure? Does it have the same "wheels" page as I posted for the Canadian one?

I'm real curious now.

Oh yeah. here are the pics [8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6591/B7F88FF43B6C49B3A9ADA5D88C2C17FD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6591/4F19C985FEA14A068141C447A74E06CF.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Who has Pony Center Cap on 17" Bright machined alum Wheels...