V6 to GT rear bumper - MustangForums.com

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

V6 to GT rear bumper

Old 12-18-2005, 08:06 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default V6 to GT rear bumper

Few questions...

If anyone remembers back a few months, I posted a thread about how Walmart smashed up my bumpers. Anyhow, I'm looking at a rear GT bumper going for $200.00, not sure about the front fascia.

Thing is, does the GT and V6 have the same mounting points? Would it be an easy swap? This applies to both front and rear.

Second question, the bump on my rear bumper somewhat fixed itself. As in, it was concave for a few days, then popped itself out. There's still some noticable damage, and what looks like a wrinkle.

Here's a picture of it:

Can this damage be repaired? Or should a replacement bumper in order?

And to those who remember this incident, yes I got $1500.00 from Walmart's insurance co. to fix it, but never had the chance to get anything done. I did get dual magnaflows, though. Still looking for a shop that'll stick them on for me (SoCal, 91789 if anyone knows a place/friend).
Old 12-18-2005, 09:49 AM
night_blue_stang

Default RE: V6 to GT bumpers

peronally i think you could maybe get that fixed somehow. buti would guess the paint would end up looking somewhat odd. if it was me that would drive me up the wall. but if you dont mind little imperfections see if you can fix it.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

Old 12-18-2005, 07:50 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Thanks!

It laymen's terms: Nothing I can do.

If I get the GT bumpers, I'd need a bodyshop to put them on for me, and not just any bodyshop. Thanks again.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

SPARTAN VI, you might find this interesting. It is the whole GT kit, front back, sides and mufflers, and you can get them already painted the appropriate color for you car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...0509QQtcZphoto
Old 12-18-2005, 11:12 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

SPARTAN VI, you might find this interesting. It is the whole GT kit, front back, sides and mufflers, and you can get them already painted the appropriate color for you car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...0509QQtcZphoto
Right on. I already got magnaflows, though.

But after thinking about this a little, I've got this odd situation.

- I have dents in my rear bumper, and a hardly noticable lump in my front bumper.
- I have dual catback magnaflows
- I have a GT grille (no fog lamps/wiring)

So I'll have to pick and choose the parts I need. I'm looking for the most cost-effective solution as I'm a college student that got pinched by Christmas.

The front bumper can easily be fixed; I'm not sure about the rear bumper. If I get the magnaflows on, I'll need to get the bumper cut so the second muffler can fit through; I've seen a few reports here that the muffler sometimes touches the bumper, melting/burning it. Maybe while I'm at the body shop they can cut the holes in the bumper?

I'm looking into buying the foglamps and wiring kit seperately from WestCoastPerformance parts, already emailed them about that.

Ugh.. money money money.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:42 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

New question. Where can I get factory bumpers? By now, disregard the possibility of going GT bumpers, I just want a factory V6 rear bumper, primed or already painted black. I don't care.

I checked ebay already, so unless I'm a complete ebay noob, there are none (except a red bumper).

Thanks for your help fellas. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:04 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Hard to tell from the pics if it's fixable in place but it kinda looks it. If you have to go through all the work of removal I would go for the new bumper. If you have a small wrinkle that is slightly "in" as opposed to raised or a raised wrinkle that is slight; meaning it can be ground off w/o going through; then it may not take much to refinish for paint. (Can get body shop opinion too; I do this stuff on the side not as a profession) Entire bumper should be redone in base and clear and if they are a quality shop it will match really well (noone will notice).
Old 01-10-2006, 01:29 AM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

Old 01-10-2006, 03:05 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Exactly what I was looking for. The local dealerships are charging $188-$200 for a rear V6 bumper. This site has it for $149 + $16 shipping.

Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: V6 to GT rear bumper

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.