Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me pick a strpe color!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Pookey

Default Help me pick a strpe color!

I have a 2005 mustang gt, mineral grey metalic

I am not sure which color stripes to get though...perhaps some of you might like to help me decide.

I thought for the longest time i would be getting black stripes no questions asked, but when i used this website i was somewhat impressed with white and satin slver, although i have NEVER seen those on a car my color.... Is there a good reason for that or is it possile that i just might be a trend setter.....input please 8)

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...05/stripes.htm

go with stripe set number 2...base color mineral grey metallic, then test with white, satin silver, then black stripes

the link i posted lets you aply diferent stripe colors to different mustang base colors...a very good tool for anyone looking to add stripes to an 05 or 06
Old 12-19-2005, 11:45 PM
tangtang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help me pick a strpe color!

I would either go with "satin silver", "white", or "black"........I think the two brighter colores will make it stand out more and give you more off a racing look. The black will look good as well but will blend a little more giving it a less agressive look than the brighter, i like both, however personally i would probably go with white. but its a tough decision.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:04 AM
Pookey

Yes it is a very tough decision...especially since i am going to have it sanded down, stripes painted on, then new clear coat applied. Its going to be expensive. Has anyone ever seen my color with white stripes.....does it still seem like a guys car? [8D]

more input is appreciated..

BTW if you are an attractive woman please make it a note of it in your reply.... it will make your thoughts weigh more heavily i my mind. [sm=Awwww.gif]

j/k i value everyone's opinions equally 8)
Old 12-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Legend Lime
1st Gear Member

Are you planing on changing your wheels? if so then you might want to try and tie the two together as close as possible. Just something else to think about.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

black baby. Sexy on the DMG cars.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Pookey

yeah black looks good...but there is something about the white...looks good and seems original.....such a hard choice......

I wonder if it just looks better on screen than in person though.

I just might have to go to my fashion expert and let her decide. When i ordered my car she told me i should get sonic blue with white racing stripes. I told her she was dumb and got base mineral grey metallic instead...I IMMEDIATELY regretted my choice when i saw a blue gt with white stripes going down the road. [] I still love mineral grey metallic though, and I just learned not to long ago that the color was discontinued this year...for what reason i dont know, however, it will just make my color rare in the coming years.

In any case, more input is apreciated!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:53 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

satin silver has my vote. then black.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Pookey

Well a dead split so far.....exactly what i was hoping for! [sm=joke.gif]

At least i am finding that white ay not be such an unusual pick after all...as i am typing this i cant help but notice that baltimoresports add thats been flashing to th right of my screen...probably since i started this thread...gry mustang with white stripes...heh...well i would still appreciate more opinions!

nd while we are at it...has anyone put magnaflow exhaust on their car or heard someone who does have it?
Old 12-20-2005, 01:39 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: Pookey

Well a dead split so far.....exactly what i was hoping for! [sm=joke.gif]

At least i am finding that white ay not be such an unusual pick after all...as i am typing this i cant help but notice that baltimoresports add thats been flashing to th right of my screen...probably since i started this thread...gry mustang with white stripes...heh...well i would still appreciate more opinions!

nd while we are at it...has anyone put magnaflow exhaust on their car or heard someone who does have it?

here is a picture of a member's car and I love it!!!!

P.S. it's not mine [&o]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6591/3A1C6E4BCC9F4FE8B9B4519D64368DCE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-20-2005, 02:15 AM
Billykid

Just ordered my 06 V6 pony pkg Tungston grey today...and having the same problem picking stripes...(though I have a few weeks to decide while the car's being built.. )
I've seen pictures with black and found a few with the satin silver online as well....both look awsome.
Let me know which way you go and post a picture....

Quick Reply: Help me pick a strpe color!