Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hehehe... My dad just bought me SLP Loudmouths for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 08:49 AM
M
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hehehe... My dad just bought me SLP Loudmouths for Christmas

Just put mine on Friday and was fortunate to have a nice day yesterday in western PA so I took them out and oh my gosh, well you are going to love them. they were easy to install as well, the stock are a bit of pain to take off but once thats done you'll have the slps on in no time

Old 12-25-2005, 08:55 AM
M
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Yep. We're spoiled.

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: doobs

Sounds like you got hosed.
How do you figure "I got hosed"? I sold them for the exact amount I paid for them, bought FRPPs ( Borla Stingers ) that sound just as good, gave back a little backpressure and regained the lower end torque I lost with the SLPs, and will pass vehicle inspection. I don't look at that as getting hosed.
Hawgman,

Do you have actual numbers on that torque loss or are you just going by feel??? I not doubting you but I cant imagine losing much of anything by simply replacing the axlebacks, if you removed your midpipes and cats and went with a straigh thru set-up than I can see a torque loss there.

I'd be interested to know if you got some numbers and what they were.

Thanks !!!

Old 12-25-2005, 10:01 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

There was a 2hp and 8ftlb rwtq difference on my car according to the dynojet, SAE corrected between the two axle back setups. Do I have the printouts with me, no I do not. That was not the only thing I did to the vehicle that day and the only one I kept was the final pull.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:19 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doobs

what made you change? I was thinking about getting slps, but I don't want to be a target in my area with the cops. I also plan on getting a new midpipe and don't want my car to be obnoxious. I might be going with flowmasters, but I can't make up my mind. I'm going nuts!
ORIGINAL: hawgman

Congratulations! I ran SLPs on my car for a couple of months. I am sure you will enjoy them. Sure makes it sound purdy.
man, just get the Flowmaster Delta Flows... they're loud enough but not so loud your gonna be a serious target.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:44 AM
M
2nd Gear Member

So let me clarify, there was less HP and TQ but you did other things that say to the car, are the numbers specific to the axleback set ups or do they include your other mods as well ( i see you have an electric pump and pulleys as well...where they on when you had the slps on?)

thanks, just wanna check to see if its worth getting a tune to account for the slps...all the tuners i spoke with said its not gonna make a difference with just axlebacks...even the slps
Old 12-25-2005, 04:46 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

mine are on the way.....wwwwooohhoooo
Old 12-25-2005, 04:56 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

does anyone know the numbers for BaseHP and torque gain for putting on SLP Loudmouths?
Old 12-25-2005, 05:41 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: M

So let me clarify, there was less HP and TQ but you did other things that say to the car, are the numbers specific to the axleback set ups or do they include your other mods as well ( i see you have an electric pump and pulleys as well...where they on when you had the slps on?)

thanks, just wanna check to see if its worth getting a tune to account for the slps...all the tuners i spoke with said its not gonna make a difference with just axlebacks...even the slps
there is not necessarily less hp and tq. It just may move up in the RPM range due to the lack of backpressure at low RPM.

Anyway, that's one possibility but it really depends on a whole combination of things. It sounds like hawgman was saying that he lost power overall with those muffs on his setup, but that may not be the case with everyone.

You got headers on that car hawgman?
Old 12-25-2005, 07:31 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

The numbers were specific to the SLPs. I did a couple of things to the car that day, and am fortunate enough to do business with a race shop that will let you tinker with your car and strap it down between mods to check for progress ( or lack of ). The SLPs showed 2HP less and 8ftlb rwtq less than the stock mufflers. I ran them anyway because they just sounded so damn cool. A couple of months later I purchased the FRPPs and put them on and got about the same numbers in the opposite direction over stock ( +HP and +rwtq ) that I got with the SLPs. The UDPs were on the car at the time, the EH2O pump was not.

A tune is not going to be necessary with any axle back system on these cars. If you go with more than axle back, I would recommend at least having it checked to make sure that you don't lean it out.

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke
It sounds like hawgman was saying that he lost power overall with those muffs on his setup, but that may not be the case with everyone.
Bingo. That is exactly what I was saying. Overall, there was a loss of HP and torque from stock with that perticular setup. And that may not be the case with everyone.

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke
You got headers on that car hawgman?
Nope, not yet. Still can't make my mind up between Kooks and Stainless Works. One of these days I will get tired of flipping back and forth between the two manufacturer's product pages and just click on a "add to cart" button.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:53 PM
2GKT5
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone have pictures of their car's backside w/ the SLPs on?

Just wondering what they look like

Quick Reply: Hehehe... My dad just bought me SLP Loudmouths for Christmas