Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still Having a Very Scary Problem W/My Pony

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 04:29 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Still Having a Very Scary Problem W/My Pony

Never been that bad... That's quite scary...
Old 12-26-2005, 07:20 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

is this happening to both '05 and '06 models?

It has not happened to me but it would sure **** me off.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

It's happened to me a couple of times. I like the 'hiccup' description that was given above. It's never left me broke down....but if I downshift from 3rd to 2nd and hit it hard, it's 'hiccupped' only a couple of times. For that split second....it scares the crap outta me. If it happened when I was trying to avoid an accident or something to that sort...I would probably be screwed. Luckily, the 2 or 3 times it's happened...it's been when I was going to pass someone up while making a point.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:02 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

GGIII, who did your tune? I did some looking on other forums and it seems this may be a canned tune problem. Something (and I have no idea what) is getting left out. I just cruised a couple other mustang forums and got this opinion. Could it be your dealer simply modified a canned tune? I use a Brenspeed tune and make a long interstate run to work daily, I pass and kick it down at will and have never experienced a hick-up. I do cut out at high RPM if the traction controll is cut on. But never anything at low end. I don't know but maybe something to look into. And if it's an Auto only problem, I have extensivley tuned my auto, maybe I tuned the shifting issue out of it.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:50 AM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

yes..it happens to 5 speed cars and mine is a 2006 model.....it seems only to happen after an extended highway drive...i dunno if it is emission related or if it has something to do with the variable timing programs in the computer. I went to down shift and pass a car, i dropped to third and nailed it and it bucked like it skipped a beat, took my foot off of it and nailed it again and the car accelerated. My car has the stock tune in it....
Old 12-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

GGIII, who did your tune? I did some looking on other forums and it seems this may be a canned tune problem. Something (and I have no idea what) is getting left out. I just cruised a couple other mustang forums and got this opinion. Could it be your dealer simply modified a canned tune? I use a Brenspeed tune and make a long interstate run to work daily, I pass and kick it down at will and have never experienced a hick-up. I do cut out at high RPM if the traction controll is cut on. But never anything at low end. I don't know but maybe something to look into. And if it's an Auto only problem, I have extensivley tuned my auto, maybe I tuned the shifting issue out of it.
I've got a brenspeed tune, and it's happened to me. I'm sure it's not something he's done. I like the canned tune argument...makes me wonder.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Cruehead

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

I've got a brenspeed tune, and it's happened to me. I'm sure it's not something he's done. I like the canned tune argument...makes me wonder.
Those that have complained about this issue (throttle lag or almost cutting out) in the auto's and have gotten a tuner said they have taken care of it. Predator and the SCT tuners seem to do the best job for 'tunes in a can'.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:36 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

The problem came stock and is still there (in a seemingly lower amount) with the Diablo.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:51 AM
chris_l_usa
1st Gear Member

Did anyone have the problem when it was brand new. I just bought mine and only have 500 miles on it and so far i've had no problems. I hope it doesn't happen to mine. I would be pissed, pay $30,000 for a car and then the thing nearly makes you wreck.