Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

END OF DEBATE BETWEEN DIABLO AND SCT

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 06:45 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default END OF DEBATE BETWEEN DIABLO AND SCT

Yes, Diablo had kinks early on that got worked out. Yes, for guys with an auto, SCT is still your best choice. But the fastest mustangs in the country are all running diablo tunes. Procharger now officially uses diablo with all of their kits after diablo retuned their sct sponsor car and made MASSIVE HP gains. Kenne Bell and Whipple are recommending Diablo for all of their kits. Vortech sends diablo with their kits. Saleen is is the ONLY kit coming with sct and word has they are considering making the switch also. So unless you have an auto, tell me again why you would want an SCT tune?

http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang.shtml

http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang_jpc.shtml

EDIT - yes, the big boys will supply an sct setup for your car upon request, but ask them what tune they use in THEIR sponsored cars.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:12 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: END OF DEBATE BETWEEN DIABLO AND SCT

If Tuning Induction would switch back to Diablo I'd be good with it. I liked the Tuning Induction CAI and Diablo isn't available with it anymore
Old 12-26-2005, 07:29 PM
MSgt46270
2nd Gear Member

For those who haven't read :05 Auto Dyno Tune with Diablo". I have an auto and the shifting is good, but Adam with ST Motorsports still has some fine tuning to do and making adjustment on the trans is one of the things he going to do also. As far as I know he's using the Diablo for that. I'll let you know for sure later on. The car is running good with the Diablo tune that Adam made from scratch. Check out the post titled "05 Auto Dyno Tune with Diablo".
Old 12-26-2005, 07:34 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Yes, Diablo had kinks early on that got worked out. Yes, for guys with an auto, SCT is still your best choice. But the fastest mustangs in the country are all running diablo tunes. Procharger now officially uses diablo with all of their kits after diablo retuned their sct sponsor car and made MASSIVE HP gains. Kenne Bell and Whipple are recommending Diablo for all of their kits. Vortech sends diablo with their kits. Saleen is is the ONLY kit coming with sct and word has they are considering making the switch also. So unless you have an auto, tell me again why you would want an SCT tune?

http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang.shtml

http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang_jpc.shtml

EDIT - yes, the big boys will supply an sct setup for your car upon request, but ask them what tune they use in THEIR sponsored cars.
Just my two cents worth. And nothing but respect here, because it's clearly evident I am new to this mod game but...

From my perspective it is a mute argument, as they really seem to be identical as far as options are concerned and it really ends up in the hands of the person writing the tune and which software they are more comfortable with.

The latest issue of MM&FF has the "baddest 05's in the country" article and the only tunes mentioned are sct tunes, while i'm sure some of them used diablo it is pretty clear its even across the board.

Another point is it is my understanding that when sct was going through their breakup/restructuring that they pi$$d off some of the dealers and left a bit of a bad taste in their mouths. I know this was the case atleast with the shop I work with and until the owner saw my new xcal2 he was never considering dealing with sct again. he is now going to be a dealer for both.

and last but not least, as far as companies like procharger using one or the other...well i'm sure that money is involved in a great deal of those decisions, and its not like they are getiing an inferior product, so use the one with the best contract and endorsement money.

let the replies come...

Old 12-26-2005, 07:46 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

I'm with M on this one. Justin from JPC has already said that both tuners are equal and that SCT wrote the tune in his car. Also remember that when these companies are selling products they will always chose cost over quality. That doesn't mean that one is better then the other just that one is less expensive to add to their kits.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:05 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

yea.. I think both tuners can be good but it all depends on the tuners themselfs.. and in my area most people only deal with sct
Old 12-26-2005, 08:20 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GJP05

I'm with M on this one. Justin from JPC has already said that both tuners are equal and that SCT wrote the tune in his car. Also remember that when these companies are selling products they will always chose cost over quality. That doesn't mean that one is better then the other just that one is less expensive to add to their kits.

Actually, here is a direct quote/post Justin made on another board that we can't type the name of or post links to here.

"Just to clarify, we stopped by SCT on wed for training on thier software and had the car with us. They asked if they could throw a baseline tune on it. We spent a couple hours on the dyno and made pretty good power. I didn't get to do much training as I showed up kinda late on wed.

After the PRI show I went to Diablo and spent more time on the dyno and did training as well as testing some parts, thats all..Sorry for the confusion, I guess it was worded wrong. When we went the 9.53 it had a diablo tune in it just for the record."

He made the 9 second run with a Diablo tune. Eric Brooks from SCT showed up in the thread ( on Eric's board ) and started in with snide little comments and basically to be gracious ( in my opinion ) Justin started praising SCT. Personally I thought it was a little petty on Eric's part.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:31 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

I read that thread and your right about Eric posting in that thread. The point of my post is that neither Diablo or SCT is better then the other. When looking for a device make sure that the local tuner with a dyno is able to program your car with it.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:33 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

I know it reads that way, but I certainly don't think one tuning device is any better than the other. It all comes down to the actual tuners themselves. I just wanted to post this thread because of the whole Justin incident. and I too, thought it was a little petty on eric's part. (I'm a member there as well)

But I have to say it is true that most of the fastests and built stangs are running diablo. From a lot of tuners I talk to this is simply because Diablo seems to be providing a lot more training, support, and sharing of new ideas to its dealers. This is allowing a lot of tuners to get more creative with it. Also due to this sharing of knowledge amoung dealers, a lot of tuners are spending a lot more time with the diablos and fine-tuning there skills. For the record, I think SCT could also have the same effect, but they seem to be oblivious to the obvious advance in marketing that diablo is pushing. (or they're just arrogant and don't care) Either way, I think you will see a lot more dealers and tuners praising diablo if SCT doesn't come around....Just my opinion.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:00 PM
trey929
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GJP05

I read that thread and your right about Eric posting in that thread. The point of my post is that neither Diablo or SCT is better then the other. When looking for a device make sure that the local tuner with a dyno is able to program your car with it.
I thought these things come with a tune for the given mods you have on your car? Why is it nesessary to go to a local shop with a dyno, just curioius since i'm gonna be buying one soon.

Quick Reply: END OF DEBATE BETWEEN DIABLO AND SCT