Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen Blower ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Blower ?

The tune on the new S281sc's is pretty conservative. It's probably just running a little rich in 3rd. One way to change the tune effectivly is to put a slightly smaller pulley on the blower. Maybe only .05 to .1 inches smaller. It would (slightly)help the car's performance without any tuning headaches.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:49 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: toolttime

I think a lot of the problems after seeing what is involved in the Roush install is people screw around with the install as per the roush says not cai in their kit they supply everything to build the air kit. Why would some one us underdrive pulleyon s/c system. I had a k&n filter on mine and xcal2 tuner and it is comming off with the install. too many people out there think they know what they are doing and they don't I have sent my pcm for flashing and i have more trust in Roush engineers then some of these so called tuner experts. ( my rant of the day)

Was that english?
Old 01-01-2006, 10:34 PM
hubcity
1st Gear Member

Birdieman I already have the JDM program with the smaller pulley. The problem is better but the car is still flat in 3rd. Maybe a 50 shot would fix the problem. The car is quick on a downshift to third but shifting from 2-3 it feels like a stocker.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

What I think is happening is the car is pulling timing under load, at rpm. This will certainly cause the 'flat' feeling. Do you know what the total timing # is in your tune?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:23 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: toolttime

I think a lot of the problems after seeing what is involved in the Roush install is people screw around with the install as per the roush says not cai in their kit they supply everything to build the air kit. Why would some one us underdrive pulleyon s/c system. I had a k&n filter on mine and xcal2 tuner and it is comming off with the install. too many people out there think they know what they are doing and they don't I have sent my pcm for flashing and i have more trust in Roush engineers then some of these so called tuner experts. ( my rant of the day)
When your car gets spanked at the track by n/a cars, you'll quickly know why you need a 'custom' tune. And take a look at Roush's performance on their own s/c car and tell me again why you would want their tune?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:25 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hubcity

I couldn't figure out how to check the oil level. It sounds like to me that the wastegate is fluttering. I put the smaller pulley on last night an didn't have time to change the belt. I think it was slipping . I changed to the smaller belt tonight but I'm still getting the sound. More so when its cold. The JDM program is a 100% improvement but the car is still weak at the 2-3 shift do you think gears will solve this problem.
Try a PM to 'SMP' I'm pretty sure he dealt with a similiar problem. [IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-02-2006, 04:47 PM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

When your car gets spanked at the track by n/a cars, you'll quickly know why you need a 'custom' tune. And take a look at Roush's performance on their own s/c car and tell me again why you would want their tune?
Hahaha +1
Try a PM to 'SMP' I'm pretty sure he dealt with a similiar problem.
I think that SMP is using the Diablo for his tuner and his car is manual. If Hubcity is using JDM he has an Xcal2. Since your car is an automatic then send your PM to MSgt46270 he has an automatic with an Xcal2 and was using the JDM tune.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:52 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: GJP05

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

Hahaha +1
Try a PM to 'SMP' I'm pretty sure he dealt with a similiar problem.
I think that SMP is using the Diablo for his tuner and his car is manual. If Hubcity is using JDM he has an Xcal2. Since your car is an automatic then send your PM to MSgt46270 he has an automatic with an Xcal2 and was using the JDM tune.
Sorry, I didn't realize you had an auto. +1 - MSgt46270 would be a better choice, but I know that he went to Adam at st motorsports last week and had his car retuned and he was pretty happy with it. Xcal2 or diablo really doesn't seem to matter - the consensus is custom tuning seems to work out the kinks with ALL s/c supplied tunes. Without seeing your tune, I would be prone to listen to birdieman's advice and think it is an issue with your timing. I know adam and Msgt46270 had to play with the car quite a bit on the dyno to address the same timing issues.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:04 PM
stepup

i think the problem is the piece of $h!t saleen blower just my personal opinion
Old 01-02-2006, 09:18 PM
hubcity
1st Gear Member

Big talk stepup from your list of mods all show and no go. Cat back, back is right way the hell back lol. I'll get the tune right and show you a number. The track is opening this weekend maybe you could make the trip over to MS and you and I get next to each other. I think you guys are right it does feel like timing. Although the charger doesn't feel like its pulling like it should in 3rd it almost feels like the wastegate is opening and closing. Could timing cause this? I also think the noise I'm hearing has somithing to do with the wastegate.

Quick Reply: Saleen Blower ?