Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 01:20 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Default Lowering springs

Which ones do ya'll like? What else is an issue once lowered. There is a company selling Vogtland springs paired with Toxico adjustable struts and shocks for around $500, never heard of Vogtland. Any info on them (they offer a 15 year no sag guarantee). Will caster or camber be affected? How about rear end geometry? I have read bits and pieces about these issues but they seem to be more sales pitches than facts. Just wanting to know what people that are lowered experience so I can have my ducks in a row when I do this. Thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 01:22 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering springs

Ghost, I love my Steeda Sport Springs. They're a 1"F/1.5"R drop. Go any lower than that and you have to start fiddling with the other suspension components.

No loss of ride quality.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:24 PM
wmscottmc
1st Gear Member

Is there any way to raise springs? I have a steep hill and my front and back end scrape sometimes, Id like to raise the car 1" if possible??? Thanks.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:27 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Uh... Noone makes them that I know of...

That would look horrid...
Old 12-28-2005, 01:47 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wmscottmc

Is there any way to raise springs? I have a steep hill and my front and back end scrape sometimes, Id like to raise the car 1" if possible??? Thanks.

Just get taller tires.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:54 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Andyman

Just get taller tires.
+1
Old 12-28-2005, 01:56 PM
MR.Mustang
2nd Gear Member

I bought the Tein "H" springs. 1.7" rear and .9" front advertised drop. They were very affordable at $132.00 which included shipping. I have 18 inch and 35 series tires so the ride is a bit firm. The next step is to get the adjustable shocks to soften the ride. In case you are interested in the Tein spings I got them on ebay and they have 2 diffrent sets for the 05 Mustang. BTW, installation is very easy if you get the spring compressor.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:47 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Why would some JackA$$ put this in a thread titled **LOWERING SPRINGS** and attempt to steal the original thread? Tell you what, Jack that thing up from the front cross-member until the front wheels dangle. Take your trusty torch and heat the springs until the wheels touch the ground. Do the same from the rear diff in back. Then go get those 26" Dubs (some fender trimming may be required, but hey it should be worth it to you). I promise you won't rub again.

GGIII, Mr. Mustang thank you for the input. I have heard good things about the Steeda springs as well. Never heard of Tein though, I have been all over E-bay which is where i found the Vogtland spring and Toxico strut/shock package deal. Would Tein be listed under something else?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Legend Lime
1st Gear Member

Ghost: I just installed a set of Kenny Brown Sport Springs that I got with the Cervini's Kit and I must say the ride is better than the stock ride. But from what I here Kenny Brown Sprins are real hard to get at this time. The Eibach Sport Line Lowering Kit is the same kit as the KB kit and it runs about $30.00 dollars more that the springs I have. Around $269.95 for the Eibach. The KB sprins lowered the car 1"FT / 1.5"RR I am so glade that I lowered the car.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:56 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Hi Ghost,

I also purchased the Steeda springs and love them. You can get 3 different models. I'm sure the competition springs are really stiff.
I got the intermediate and don't see much difference...

Here what it looks like...

Good luck

FreefallPat

[IMG]local://upfiles/24844/9EA9DBBAD0AC4278B297876E764CC866.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Lowering springs