Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available! (dyno attached)

Old 01-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Corpo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available!

ok, so lets just say, all superchargers avalible are put in a room...lol... well kinda, let say there tuned to 500rwhp. which would out preform the rest? the twin screws because of the lower rpm gains?
Old 01-08-2006, 01:42 AM
hubcity
1st Gear Member

The saleen supercharger just had some fresh LS1 for supper. I know that guy is scratching his head right now wondering how that stock mustang put about 8 cars on him in the first two gears.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:57 AM
hubcity
1st Gear Member

Birdieman, do you run sportsman events or just nationals. I have an IHRA track in MS. Guess what the name is. I know Top Fuel doesn't run at regional points meets I just thought you may run T/S car as well.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:08 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

OMG!!! CORPO!!!.. your right.. the shaker never entered my mind because I thought it would never fit with a procharger.. but there is a pic if it on and its feeding the air right in!!.. holy sheet batman... 1K though? ... damn...

I will really have to do some work now on this.. thanks again for the link.. I my do as birdieman4 said and see if I can honda rig a CAI.. haha.. but should be cheaper.. but even if I can router it to the font I will have to cust holds or do something funky.. but would be cheaper then $800.. damn..
what??? I could have swore i pointed this out to you, and a few others. oh well
Old 01-08-2006, 03:03 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

about the shaker? or I thought we were talking about the RK hood and ram air? haha.. too many beers ago..
Old 01-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

ok, so lets just say, all superchargers avalible are put in a room...lol... well kinda, let say there tuned to 500rwhp. which would out preform the rest? the twin screws because of the lower rpm gains?
That's kind of a loaded question. What do you mean by outperform? I will answer your question this way. Twin screw blowers provide hp and torque across the entire powerband. Centrifugal blowers do not. But a centrifugal blower will outperform a twin screw at the very top of it's rpm range. So, my answer to your question is that a twin screw blower outperforms a centrifugal blower throughout most of its power range. But the centrifugal blower gets the top end hp crown.
Birdieman, do you run sportsman events or just nationals. I have an IHRA track in MS. Guess what the name is. I know Top Fuel doesn't run at regional points meets I just thought you may run T/S car as well.
No, I just run top fuel. I wouldn't have time to campaign a car (mustang) in top stock. It would be fun, though. I run all the national events, and some match races, as well.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:13 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

OMG!!! CORPO!!!.. your right.. the shaker never entered my mind because I thought it would never fit with a procharger.. but there is a pic if it on and its feeding the air right in!!.. holy sheet batman... 1K though? ... damn...

I will really have to do some work now on this.. thanks again for the link.. I my do as birdieman4 said and see if I can honda rig a CAI.. haha.. but should be cheaper.. but even if I can router it to the font I will have to cust holds or do something funky.. but would be cheaper then $800.. damn..
As many different times as Don has discussed a shaker with a SC, and posted either the picture or the link to the picture of the shaker system wiht the procharger setup, you never thought of it?? Not like you didn't post in those threads
Old 01-08-2006, 04:29 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

As many different times as Don has discussed a shaker with a SC, and posted either the picture or the link to the picture of the shaker system wiht the procharger setup, you never thought of it?? Not like you didn't post in those threads
Don was talking about setting his shaker with his saleen (that he doesnt have). From those post it didnt look like it was possible so it didnt look good for me either.
and as for the " Not like you didn't post in those threads" = are you trying to say I'm post ****?