Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available! (dyno attached)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Blackness
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available!

PRICE of KB????
Old 01-04-2006, 12:25 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

have you gapped new plugs? if so have you seen any residue (sp?)
Yes - I put in the autolite cold plugs and haven't noticed any residue yet.

And you have to call Adam at ST Motorsports fro pricing.

www.spankintime.com
Old 01-04-2006, 01:49 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

thanks chevykiller... I heard someone that did.. but ti looks like it was just him so far.. I'll gap mine to .035.. wooot
Old 01-04-2006, 09:07 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Here is a stupid question from someone who has never installed a SC on a car, if you buy the 5-6 PSI kit and later on you want to increase that to say 10-15 PSI, can that be done with THAT supercharger or do you basically have to go out and spend another 5K for a new one?
Old 01-04-2006, 10:17 AM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

dkano Date 1/4/2006 7:07:34 AM
Here is a stupid question from someone who has never installed a SC on a car, if you buy the 5-6 PSI kit and later on you want to increase that to say 10-15 PSI, can that be done with THAT supercharger or do you basically have to go out and spend another 5K for a new one?
Nope just have to swap the pulley to change the pressure.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:33 PM
zx9rpilot
2nd Gear Member

Just got e-mail from KB....$5,499.00 + shipping.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:23 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: JJ_Stang

dkano Date 1/4/2006 7:07:34 AM
Nope just have to swap the pulley to change the pressure.
+1 - every s/c has a limit but those limits are all a lot higher than what you get with the kit included pulley. i.e. KB will make up to around 22 psi and all the s/c will all do the same or greater...
Old 01-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

If someone can give me ANY reason why you would do this kit vs the Saleen series VI, I wanna hear it. It costs more, and it is less efficient. Anyone?
Old 01-04-2006, 04:58 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

If someone can give me ANY reason why you would do this kit vs the Saleen series VI, I wanna hear it. It costs more, and it is less efficient. Anyone?
Wow Birdie, I know you are pro Saleen, but you kinda take the position that every other s/c except Saleen is going to blow up your car or something. As far as it's design being the most efficient, I can't argue with you there BUT I will say that every person I know and have seen their car in person (5) have a bitch of a time tuning the car. Plus - I haven't seen ANYONE making all that impressive numbers on one yet. Not saying you can't, I'm just I haven't seen no one doing it yet. A lot of procharger cars, Vortech cars, and even a couple KB's are out there making incredible power on the kit pulleys and not blowin up their cars.

To many people, the most efficient is not as important as how fast will it make their car safely. (without modification) Out of all the s/c kits, I personally think the Saleen (agreeably the most effecient design) is one of the least power gainers and not a great bang for your buck. I am taking photos and dyno's of a kb on stock gt tomorrow and I'll post them. I'm willing to bet it's better numbers than my shop got on the 3 saleen kits they installed on stock GT's. (2 maunal, 1 auto) My personal opinion is that I would rather pay a couple extra bucks for a s/c that will safely make a lot more hp power on my car. As long as the the s/c works properly and is safe on my car, what do I care if it is rated as the most efficient?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:09 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Both the whipple and the KB are less expensive than the saleen. The 5-6psi KB kit is $1000.00 bucks less, the 8psi intercooled kit is $100 bucks less. Same thing with the whipple on the non cooled kit over $1000 less, and the I/C kit is $200 less.

Unless you know where to get the saleen cheaper both seem to be better buys, and a lot of guys on many different forums seem to have some issue with the saleen. I'm sure its just early bugs to be worked out with the new motor, but price certainly is more attractive on the other units.

Quick Reply: Finally Kenne Bell s/c is available! (dyno attached)