Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do about front licence plates

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:54 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What to do about front licence plates

ORIGINAL: GTlust

Move to Florida! No inspections, no front plates! Personally I think the front plate thing is assinine, the cops aren't going to see my front plate long enough to read it.

No way, Too many Hurricanes, Tornadoes(Not the car) and too many hungry Aligators, snap, snap! We may have a few earthquakes here in Ca, But We usually ride them out ok.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:03 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

guys, l just found a very smart way and needs no drilling!!! (IMO IT IS VERY SMART) l willl go ahead and make color copy of my front licence plate and stick it on my bumper! thats it.. l am going this way, l dont know if anyone wanna follow me!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Hurricanes do suck. If you live inland like I do you don't worry to much, but you'll still be without power for days at a time if it even get's close to you. Tornadoes? you must be thinking of Missouri or Kansas. Alligators aren't a problem unless you're stupid! This guy must have been atleast 10 feet, luckily my kayak is 14 feet. Alligators want an easy meal that will fit in their mouth and no they can't run 35mph! That is total BS.

ORIGINAL: JokerCPoC

Move to Florida! No inspections, no front plates! Personally I think the front plate thing is assinine, the cops aren't going to see my front plate long enough to read it.

No way, Too many Hurricanes, Tornadoes(Not the car) and too many hungry Aligators, snap, snap! We may have a few earthquakes here in Ca, But We usually ride them out ok.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:24 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

Hurricanes do suck. If you live inland like I do you don't worry to much, but you'll still be without power for days at a time if it even get's close to you. Tornadoes? you must be thinking of Missouri or Kansas. Alligators aren't a problem unless you're stupid! This guy must have been atleast 10 feet, luckily my kayak is 14 feet. Alligators want an easy meal that will fit in their mouth and no they can't run 35mph! That is total BS.

ORIGINAL: JokerCPoC

Heck I can't run at all. I've heard the weather reports warning of mini tornadoes in Florida that's all, Long Beach Ca gets a few as they also get water spouts too from time to time. Nice pics, Good zoom of wally there. Sometimes their left in lakes down in LA county Ca and they put fencing up until they catch or kill It. But that's about all the gator action We get out here. Talk about Your ear to ear grin, Geez that one looks good and It ain't camera shy neither.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:20 AM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad
guys, l just found a very smart way and needs no drilling!!! (IMO IT IS VERY SMART) l willl go ahead and make color copy of my front licence plate and stick it on my bumper! thats it.. l am going this way, l dont know if anyone wanna follow me!
Carefull with that... I have no idea what the penalties in your area might or might not be, but depending on any random officer's interpretation of "tampering with" your plates - that would qualify...

Be prepared to get pulled over and explain that one... Many plates now have holograms and fun things built into them to help them quickly see whether it is real or not and lacking those things will stick out like a sore thumb to a good cop... They can see expired inspection/tag stickers from miles away (from what cop family members tell me)...

Most of the nasty stops I have heard about through those same family members started out with non-traffic officers seeing people with random, but small problems with the exterior of their car...

A stop and a flash-light later and there are guns, drugs, felony warrants etc... So, to them it is like shooting fish in a barrel. Criminals seem to not take care of the pesky little bereaucrtic details of life...

That ignores the implications of "attempting to interfere with" laser speed detection...

So, before I "mucked with" my plates in any way shape or form, I would pull it off and risk the pull-over to explain that "if fell off! - look here it is in the passenger seat!"
Old 08-18-2006, 01:19 PM
PayDay99
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

ORIGINAL: delurker

ORIGINAL: SpikeGT

I don't have mine on either. I've had my car almost a year and have not been pulled over yet(knock on wood) for not having a plate, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I'm not putting holes in my bumper though. Let us know how the 3M tape works.
+1
+2 - I'm in so cal where it is mandatory but I have never been pulled over or sweated at all for it and I've had it about a year.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/B0E6BEFBA1E048D5A52061F68B858D13.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/09876CB0A69A4133B821DB16664778E9.jpg[/IMG]

What facia is that? Very nice...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

Front license plates are a flipp'n joke! Someone give me a good reason why it should be required to have a plate on the front of the car!

Just another retarded law we have to live with because some dumbass decided to do it.

You should put your front plate on, UPSIDE-DOWN. Then when someone asks, just say "you have to stand on your head, just like the morons were when they made this law!"
Old 08-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Stangie
I ♥ Acer

Yep another stupid law enacted by the Democrats. I'm in Colorado and I didn't put mine on the front either. If I'm pulled over for it, I'll simply say; "But Officer, they don't make front license plate brackets for these cars." and see what happens. But then again I don't drive in a way to draw attention to myself. [sm=gears.gif]
Old 10-06-2007, 09:40 AM
sidewinder_83

just gone pulled over in columbus , ohio for not having a front plate got a $100 fine for it!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:20 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

didn't want to drill so I got my holder on ebay. Works great