Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things you wish Ford would of done with the 05-06 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 08:43 PM
marc_06_ragtop

Default RE: Things you wish Ford would of done with the 05-06 mustang

heated seats.... It's cold up here in the winter

a gas tank you can actually fill without splash back

trunk release would be nice... I've set off the alarm trying to open the trunk with the keys while their in the ignition

and a canadian side emblem - see avatar

Old 01-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Hidalgo
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

...forged internals
I'll take that over the trunk release button ...
Old 01-07-2006, 08:49 PM
marc_06_ragtop

Welcome to the site... not looking good from what i've read that u'll be very welcome... I see folks already taking a dislike to u? It'll be nice to follow the "debate" Hope it doesn't get too heated
Old 01-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Hunter1

I have been reading this post for 6 months now. I have found most members to be very polite and informative....make this a professional posting site. I love cars and appreciate all types that the owners are proud of from a teen's first car or a collectors 20th. Anyone that takes pride in what they drive I find to be someone that I have something in common with. I ordered a Mustang GT because it was an affordable performance V8 with a great retro American Muscle car style. I use to really like NSX's until they became the ride of choice to movies like "Bare back Mountain"....and "The Bird Cage"...when the Miata just wouldn't do....so when you put on your fancy little driving gloves and lace up your pretty little racing shoes and take your small man syndrome out to your NSX to hunt down a Mustang GT...I hope you find me so I can teach you some manners.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
ss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford4v429

3) add seatbelt hook to seat so you dont sprain your back trying to reach behind for the belt
There is a hook. That is the little strap at the bottom of the side of the seat with the magnetic snap.

My biggest beefs are no trunk release, and the seat not sliding forward. The hood struts would be nice too.

Hey import guy, enjoy your ride, call us Yankees if you want. It's a compliment!!!

Ponys are back! Yeee Haaa !!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Wadatai
1st Gear Member

Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys. I certainly enjoy the reception that I have received so far from the community.

I have yet to make any personal statements about mustang owners. Only my observations on the vehicle.

Anyhow, I enjoy the NSX more for their insane maneuverability than anything else. It really is a fun car. If you have a chance you should take a test ride.

And I detest the driving gloves. Those are for those saucy M3 owners and yes...for the 50 something Stang GT owners reminiscing on the nostalgia of youth and musing at just how similiar their '05 resembles their old '67 pony coupe.

My NSX was not overpriced. In fact my 95 was used and was purchased for a fairly decent price. And a mustang would desire greatly to be able to compete with an NSX in a street race. That was what my teezer post was supposed to demonstrate. The NSX out performs the mustang and is superior in appearance. There is NO comparison. More pointedly, the NSX was and is a pioneer in engineering and design whereas the mustang is relying on nostalgia and outdated design development to motivate sales. Ooops. What will they retro next because they're out of serviceable design ideas...the 74-78s. Just wait until the NSXs are reintroduced in '07.

Again, I have nothing mean to say to you guys. Just enjoying the conversation.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:58 PM
wmscottmc
1st Gear Member

Ya Im aware of kzinti, he does great work. But I think a giant company like Ford should make it much easier to track the status of a car order. They should email us each step along the way. Many buyers do not know about blueoval forums, and I know in my case my dealer did not tell me where to go, to check the status. Im the customer I shouldnt have to search out this info, they could easily share this info with us. Look how UPS lets you track a package, it should be that easy.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Wadatai
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GGIII

Yep. You drive an NSX. Just as I thought.

Ugliest. Ripoff. Exotic. Ever.
So why the incredible resale value Bro. I guess I'll give you a pass. Your response must have been the product of heightened emotion.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I think lots of the wishes here have been very valid. Some should definately be offerred as options ASAP in case Ford is concerned about raising the base price. My biggest wish, once all the problems are fixed (sticky trunk, rattles, fuel tank, etc.), would be if they'd offered the 4-Valve Cammer engine instead of the 4.6, which I alreay had to have replaced at 3500 miles! Plus the ability to actually order the car with the 18 inch Black Bullitts would have been nice.
I guess they expect buyers are going to customize their Mustangs. Which means if you keep your GT stock it will become very rare in the distant future!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Hunter1

2005 Acura NSX Vehicle Summary
Starting MSRP $89,000

Just took that off of Forbes Web site......um....$25,000.00 last checked for the starting price of a 2005 Mustang GT.

I'm sorry WADATARD but I just don't see why you are trying to compare the two. I hope your car does run well....it should for the price they start at. But by the time it gets down to an affordable vehicle all of the other drivers have already beat the sh*t out of it making it more of a pain in the a$$ to fix all of the time. I admit Mustangs might need a fix now and then but at least the parts are easy to get and abundant and again the majic word AFFORDABLE.

If you can't add anything of value to the site please go to the Acura web site where your comments might be appreciated. BRO!

Quick Reply: Things you wish Ford would of done with the 05-06 mustang