Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lookin to buy a S197, your opinons...

Old 01-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Mustang_Monstah

Default Lookin to buy a S197, your opinons...

hey, i'm Ryan and i'm new to these forums. I'm 20 years old, and i've been into the Nissan/jdm/drift scene and i'm interested in droppin my two nissans for a S197. My family has only had Nissans and Fords so, thats just my roots. i've worked in the automotive industry since i was 17 so, i know my way around turbos, nitrous, and tunes. Specially after working with Robert Melton at Ride Revolution, i've seen my fair share of Mustangs/Cobras with KennyBells and prochargers and SCT tunes...

Now, my 240 is swapped and has put some disapointing faces on some local 05 GT owners, but i'm getting tired of sinking money into a 1990 model car with no warranty. yeah, my best friend has gave me a good offer for it which would be enough to pay off my Spec V. after the SER is paid off, i could sale it really cheap and have that money to lay down on something new, or hold it for modding something new.

Thats where my love for Mustangs step in. Of course stepping from both my Nissans to a V6 Mustang would be a downgrade, but hell... if anyone knows me, the V6 would be made damn fast. I would want a GT, but my insurance is going to rape me, so the V6 seems to be a better option. i have a decent paying job, but i may be steppin back into college next fall. again on paper the V6 makes more sense.

i'm basiclly asking you V6 guys was it worth it to you when you purchased your 4.0? what have you slain with your V6, and what mods really turned you on about your V6?

i know you GT guys will want me to step up to the GT, for the GT is in a different class.

my true intentions if i were to get the V6 instead of the GT would be to take the money i'd have from my Spec and throw it in for a CAI, true duals, a SCT X-Cal2, 3.73's and a TT, the Zex GT n2o set-up, and some exterior/GT take-off mods. and tax re-turn time will bring me some good $ back, so i'd have some extra dough to play around with. i'd say i'd be happy with that set-up until next winter... then i'd be adding a S/C and calling it quites with it after i reach the 350-400 hp mark.

or i could just get a GT, add the Zex to it, and then call it a day there. but more likely i'd be scrapping buy to make my insurance and car payment.

any opinons??? thanks.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:21 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Lookin to buy a S197, your opinons...

The GT is going to have more potential because of displacement, VVT, and the 3V heads. In fact, alot of tuner shops prefer the 3V to the Cobra 4V, or so I've heard. The Rear end is far superior to a V6s as is the tranny option, if I'm not mistaken.

That being said, the V6 has grand potential. It's a sweet car that just needs a bit of weight reduction to really scream.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:36 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

just get your V6 and when your ready get this http://www.procharger.com/2005_v6mustang.shtml and your done.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Mustang_Monstah

thats what i was thinking... honestly. i may hold off on the zex... save that money for the ati and then f alot of people up. i duno the best/cheapest place to shop for mustang parts online... anyone head me in the right direction? and btw, anyone on here have a 2005 clone of a shelby g.t 350r??? thats wha i think i may model my s197 if i get one... considering the v6 doesn't have fogs, itll be a good start
Old 01-09-2006, 12:46 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

WWW.MustangTuning.COM for wheels
WWW.Steeda.COM for suspension. Don't buy their CAI! It's just a filter! Pricey, but most is worth it.
WWW.ClassicDesignConcepts.COM for exterior.

Plethora of other sites exist.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Mustang_Monstah

with the procharger, do they give you a tune? i know Melton used to just use the X-Cal2 everytime Ride installed a procharger... so would a CAI and a re-flash be a waiste in the eyes of someone wanting to S/C?
Old 01-09-2006, 01:06 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

all sc come with a base tune so you dont throw codes from the car.. its a real base no boost tune most of the time.. just drive it to a tuner when you can and get it done right.. break it in and go..