Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some silly and some serious questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:41 AM
chris_l_usa
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Some silly and some serious questions.

ORIGINAL: Juntech

Im sure you guys know well more than i do, but i swear i saw "location of final assembly: mexico" on the sticker of a GT and Sandysprings Ford. I dunno, maybe i'm on crack

GGIII,

So you're saying assuming the stang is wearing the stock rubber then it's a perfect representation in GT4? If that's so, GOOD GRAVY i am horrifcally impressed. Sh*t, sign me up for a manual GT NOW! I've ridden in an S2000 on The Dragon (Deals Gap), and ide have to say GT4 is spot on in that certain car. BTW to anyone who thinks I'm ridiculous judging a car based on a video game, get over it [ill argue with you all day]. Gran Turismo has been perfecting thier physics engine over the years and claims to be friggin accurate.
Yes i do think your ridiculous. You are not going to believe it but that is why i got mine!!! I was playing need for speed most wanted. I've always liked the new mustangs but never really considered buying one until i played the game. Right after i played the game i talked to the wife went downtown to the ford dealership(at 1am)found a black gt manual. Woke up the next morning went in as soon as they opened and i have never been happier. I love my car.[sm=Awwww.gif] So yes i do think it's ridiculous but don't worry your not the only one.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:47 AM
chris_l_usa
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wadatai

As wonderful as it is to be patriotic, corporate patriotism is selling out to profit margin. Companies are wrapping itself in the flag shouting "Buy American!", while at the same time offshoring as much business as possible, laying off blue and white collar workers.

If you want to see a good example of this, if your bored some time look up the city of Flint MI. After the manufacturers closed down the plants everyone lost there jobs. Now your lucky to make it through that city without getting shot at. People resort to pretty much anything when they don't have jobs!!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 01:55 AM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

Juntech, you mentioned my thread in your post. I just want to say that the Mustangs are the best. I have owned several in the past few years and love them. I was bitter at one time because of all the problems but I thought it thur and I know they don't know how to fix all the problems over night. I do get upset seeing everyone driving around in their Mustangs and here I am driving a darn Dodge Startus...nothing near driving a Mustang. I am paying to drive a Mustang so you can see why I get upset. I am a Mustang Fan and will always be one, I know that anytime they change the bodystyle on any model they have problems and I knew that when I bought it, so I toke a chance and it just so happens I got the one with some problems. I have been in the car business for sometime now so I have seen all makes and models have problems. So please don't let my post scare you away from a fine car, and the Mustangs are a fine car. But hopefully things will work out they got the part in today so maybe this will do the trick, I am keeping my figers crossed and saying a few prayers.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:05 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GGIII

The Automatic's torque converters (+Torque Management system) hold back our awesome burnouts, though.\

4:10 gears will take care of that problem.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Wadatai
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chris_l_usa

ORIGINAL: Wadatai

As wonderful as it is to be patriotic, corporate patriotism is selling out to profit margin. Companies are wrapping itself in the flag shouting "Buy American!", while at the same time offshoring as much business as possible, laying off blue and white collar workers.

If you want to see a good example of this, if your bored some time look up the city of Flint MI. After the manufacturers closed down the plants everyone lost there jobs. Now your lucky to make it through that city without getting shot at. People resort to pretty much anything when they don't have jobs!!!!
It is funny that you mention that. There is a movie called "Roger and Me" that I recently saw that goes into the Flint, MI job layoffs. GM closed the plants there and relocated them west and overseas.

Most don't want to admit it but corporations are a profit driven business. And if those profits come at the expense of "patriotism" most companies are content with the trade-off.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:09 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Wadatai - I hate to say it, but you are starting to talk with some sense in here

Old 01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Isn't it scary?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Wadatai
1st Gear Member

Old 01-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tammijoe

Juntech, you mentioned my thread in your post. I just want to say that the Mustangs are the best. I have owned several in the past few years and love them. I was bitter at one time because of all the problems but I thought it thur and I know they don't know how to fix all the problems over night. I do get upset seeing everyone driving around in their Mustangs and here I am driving a darn Dodge Startus...nothing near driving a Mustang. I am paying to drive a Mustang so you can see why I get upset. I am a Mustang Fan and will always be one, I know that anytime they change the bodystyle on any model they have problems and I knew that when I bought it, so I toke a chance and it just so happens I got the one with some problems. I have been in the car business for sometime now so I have seen all makes and models have problems. So please don't let my post scare you away from a fine car, and the Mustangs are a fine car. But hopefully things will work out they got the part in today so maybe this will do the trick, I am keeping my figers crossed and saying a few prayers.
I wouldnt have been scared off without doing my homework

Picked up the latest consumer reports, i actually scanned all the pages...here's the one for the Mustang http://www.juntechnologies.com/bd/co...iability08.jpg

I pray your car's fine too