Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WE'LL SEE WHAT THIS 3V CAN HANDLE

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 03:43 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WE'LL SEE WHAT THIS 3V CAN HANDLE

Killer,

was that with the stock tune provided by KB or a custom tune by Adam??

birdie, agreed but it goes back to price, how much more you have to spend to get the saleen to do that

killer...one other thing, what about the placement of the air intake, i pulled the trigger on the KB but i'm still wondering if thats going to get wet down there or what??
Old 01-12-2006, 03:44 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

BTW - the bone stock KB s/c GT put down 490 rwhp on the dyno last night. This car has NO mods at all other than the s/c kit for KB. Saleen what??????????
Pulley up that Saleen blower with the same size pulley on the KB, and marvel at the #'s. It will make as much or more power than the KB.
I don't know birdie, this is only the 8 psi kit. 490 is pretty impressive with 8psi. Of course the saleen will perform when you pulley up, I wish someone would have the ***** to do it so I could see the numbers. You always know what's going on, are there any links you can give showing anyone taking advantage of the Saleen power? I've looked but can't find anything above ordinary. I know the saleen potential, just haven't found anyone who's done it yet. I'm curious myself to see equal boost comparisons.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:47 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: M

Killer,

was that with the stock tune provided by KB or a custom tune by Adam??

birdie, agreed but it goes back to price, how much more you have to spend to get the saleen to do that

killer...one other thing, what about the placement of the air intake, i pulled the trigger on the KB but i'm still wondering if thats going to get wet down there or what??
Of course custom tune by Adam. The owner of KB called last night and wants to sponsor the car. The air intake is a little wacky down low like that, but we drove it in the rain last week and even went through puddles and it didn't get wet. Tried purposefully to spash it and didn't get a drop on it. I think it just looks weird where it's at but not an issue unless you plan on driving through small rivers...LOL.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:53 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

i wonder what the canned tune by KB wouldve done, wouldve been nice to see a comparo.

and thanks for the heads up on the intake, i dont see any river crossings in the future..haha
Old 01-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I don't know birdie, this is only the 8 psi kit. 490 is pretty impressive with 8psi. Of course the saleen will perform when you pulley up, I wish someone would have the ***** to do it so I could see the numbers. You always know what's going on, are there any links you can give showing anyone taking advantage of the Saleen power? I've looked but can't find anything above ordinary. I know the saleen potential, just haven't found anyone who's done it yet. I'm curious myself to see equal boost comparisons.
I wish there were more boosted examples of the Saleen blower. Give it a couple more months, and I'm sure we'll see some stuff surface. I like KB's products a lot, and going either route is a GREAT route to go. Both will make big #'s. realize im not pro Saleen per se, I'm pro twin screw.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:31 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

realize im not pro Saleen per se, I'm pro twin screw.
That hurts birdieman4 ..

chevykiller= I'm doing something like that. 2 days ago my tuner and I installed the KB bap and the HTO plugs.. next week we will install the maf extender and a smaller pully. We are going to try to set the max rpm to 6200-6400 and try to get more power at the lower rpms. I want to try to keep the power at 500-510rwhp and not more. I will reach that or blow .. before we put on the smaller pully we will do a tune without it and see what the base kit can get.. I didnt get a bap when I first got my SC. Its up to us to prove ourselfs to birdieman and the rest of the world .aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
Old 01-13-2006, 01:41 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

I'm with ya Lost Soul, but I have to take birdie's side on this one. yes, I'm over 500 rwhp, but it's taking me 13-14 psi to get it. The KB car is bone stock and making close to it with 8 psi. If the car had my other mods, it would be easily be beyond me with 8 psi. That's a whole lot less strain on the motor. I only wish they had ANY screw blowers when I built my car. I'm doing what I can with the Vortech, but I can only imagine the kind of power I could make with the saleen or KB. I would love to see those blowers pushing around 10 psi and making 550+ to the ground.

Perhaps we will see something in the next couple months. It is tough to say cause it wil have to be on a GT with a saleen s/c kit. I highly doubt anyone with a saleen car is going to push anything beyond the norm with their car. Not that I blame them, I just don't see it cause I wouldn't do it either. Too bad though, the screw guys don't even know what they're sitting on and most don't have the ***** to find out. It's comon sense, really - if the procharger and vortech cars are holding up with 9-10 psi average, why the heck would you be scared to set your saleen at 8 or 9 psi?

Hopefully birdie is right and we'll see something soon. In the meantime, I'm still pissed over the fuel issues but we'll at least be able to offer an awesome dual return system in a few weeks cause it's definitely needed. I know the pro guys have had to fab something up to make their cars work but there just not sharing yet.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:56 AM
UAE_Muscle
2nd Gear Member

good luck and keep inputing data for us
Old 01-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

That hurts birdieman4 ..

chevykiller= I'm doing something like that. 2 days ago my tuner and I installed the KB bap and the HTO plugs.. next week we will install the maf extender and a smaller pully. We are going to try to set the max rpm to 6200-6400 and try to get more power at the lower rpms. I want to try to keep the power at 500-510rwhp and not more. I will reach that or blow .. before we put on the smaller pully we will do a tune without it and see what the base kit can get.. I didnt get a bap when I first got my SC. Its up to us to prove ourselfs to birdieman and the rest of the world .aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
I am not anti centrifugal. Hell, I have a Procharger on my 01. Both centrifugals and screws have their advantages and dis-advantages. Having used both types, the screw gives you more balance overall. And I do think Procharger's kit is the best centrifugal kit out there.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:18 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

That hurts birdieman4 ..

I am not anti centrifugal. Hell, I have a Procharger on my 01. Both centrifugals and screws have their advantages and dis-advantages. Having used both types, the screw gives you more balance overall. And I do think Procharger's kit is the best centrifugal kit out there.
Sorry Birdie, but the Vortech is much more efficient than the procharger...

http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?id=156

Quick Reply: WE'LL SEE WHAT THIS 3V CAN HANDLE