MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   people with SLP loud mouths, how do you like them? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/87622-people-with-slp-loud-mouths-how-do-you-like-them.html)

stangxs 01-13-2006 11:40 PM

people with SLP loud mouths, how do you like them?

I'm going crazy, I've been driving a 03 Cobra with exhaust for the past week, and I couldn't get over the way it sounded, it was like heaven!

Now I got my 06 GT yesterday, and it's WAY too quite! do the SLPs sound really good? I see a coupla vids online, but I can't judge the sound over a computer...

post your SLP vid if you have one, thanks!

M 01-14-2006 01:09 AM

RE: people with SLP loud mouths, how do you like them?

ORIGINAL: stangxs

I'm going crazy, I've been driving a 03 Cobra with exhaust for the past week, and I couldn't get over the way it sounded, it was like heaven!

Now I got my 06 GT yesterday, and it's WAY too quite! do the SLPs sound really good? I see a coupla vids online, but I can't judge the sound over a computer...

post your SLP vid if you have one, thanks!
the vids can not even come close to the actual sound unless maybe somebody records it in 5.1 or something like that one day.

they arent all that loud just cruising but people know you are there, at WOT forget it. i have some other mods but still have stock exhaust except for the slp axlebacks and jesus man people get the hell out of the way. so if you just replaced the axlebacks with all else stock im sure you would be happy if you want loud.

the weather has been great in western pa last couple of days and lots of us had our cars out. ran with a few sn95s today, none that could hang but it was hilarious when i got on it...they werent even concerned with not being able to keep up they were just amazed with the sound. it honestly sounds like a demon

these things will just make you giggle...but be warned they are LOUD

GGIII 01-14-2006 01:16 AM

I have to say +1 to everything M says.

The Loudmouths are ridiculous. They are easily the best sounding system I've ever heard. For any car.

I was coming down the main street in our city and I got on it next to an STi. The traffic in front of me actually switched lanes out of my way several times.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA [sm=badbadbad.gif]

The STi gave me the thumbs up. Weren't really racing.

They're at least 3x as loud as the stock system, by the way. They're loud enough that, windows down, they'll rattle change in your cupholder. Windows up you can feel the air vibrating the panels inside the car. Of course, they're not much louder at all than the stock system from the inside of the car at any sort of cruising speed which is another plus. I can comfortably ride on the interstate with the Loudmouths no louder than the other road noise.

They look sweet, too.

hawgman 01-14-2006 02:01 AM

Be warned... SLP Loudmouths will give you a permanent grin

And possibly your neighbors a frown ( but who actually cares! )

Corpo 01-14-2006 02:10 AM

i wish i could compair then to my exaust in person, i'm happy with the way mine sounds but i'm always for a better sound.

lostsoul 01-14-2006 02:12 AM

I love mine.. but I need to adjust the passenger side.. its hanging a little low and to the left.. and the lsp's work great :)

stangxs 01-14-2006 03:05 AM

hmm, I was leaning towards the SLP, now I'm thinking about the packs after hearing this vid:

http://brighthorizonsnm.com/Magnapak%20&%20SLP.wmv

2GKT5 01-14-2006 03:41 AM

Just installed SLP LMs a week ago, and omfg they are absolutely amazing.

Pros:
All the crackling and popping is sex for the ears. I'm actually very surprised how quiet it is inside the cabin (with windows rolled up). Maybe a little louder than stock, but not by a whole lot. Windows down its a whole different story though. Also, its very hard to get going and keep them sounding realitively tame (incase of those a-hole cops). Even before 2000 rpms it sounds like a beast waiting to unleash its fury.

Cons:
I'm getting 1 less mpg, but this most likely attributed to the great sound the LMs product WOT. And also, this is strickly my opinion, but my car feels slower. I don't know if its because I'm so used to the stock exhaust not waking up until 3000+ rpms that I think I'm closer to my power band when in reality I'm not, or it is in fact slower, I could care less!!! It sounds the way a mustang should sound!!! Loud and proud!

As a side note: anybody with LMs running rich? Because the day after installing them and parking my car, throughout the day I revved for some friends and began to smell gas. It doesn't do it anymore, but it was really odd and a little scary.

stangxs 01-14-2006 02:43 PM

did you tune your car after putting the new exhaust?

With the SLP's, you're basiacally running straight pipes w/ no mufler, so you need a tune so your car can adjust...

sngsam 01-14-2006 02:52 PM

SLP's are the bomb but...

Be warned that some (including me) have experienced some vibrations inside the car. I finally figured out that the SLP's are making the chrome-like bezel for the far left air vent rattle. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT STOP? (other than removign SLPs which I am NOT doing!

Overall I would say yes get em. Install them yourself you would be shocked how easy they are. My passenger side one sticks out farther (1/4 inch) than the driver side but it's hardley noticable.

Goosing the engine under bridges and tunnels with the windows down is a whole lot of fun.

Straight Flushes,

SAM