Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok new question..those with a supercharger would you do the same or get a different one?

Old 01-15-2006, 04:02 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

Default ok new question..those with a supercharger would you do the same or get a different one?

thanks
Old 01-15-2006, 04:13 PM
MSgt46270
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ok new question..those with a supercharger would you do the same or get a different one?

You know where I stand, I would go from the Saleen S/C to the KB in a second.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ok new question..those with a supercharger would you do the same or get a different one?

Satisfy my curiosity. Tell me why?
Old 01-15-2006, 05:30 PM
MSgt46270
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Satisfy my curiosity. Tell me why?
The Saleen is okay, but I have seen and race an 05 with a KB (Adam, the guy that tuned my car). http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...l_01-06-06.wmv The KB comes with everything you need to do the install (injectors, tuner w/tune and more). Plus once you get it installed, you start with 440hp. My saleen had 328hp from 250hp, after Adam did my tune I ended up with 354hp with 4lb pully. I spent $4600 just for the blower, $289 for 39lb injectors, $379 for xcal II, $600 to install S/C, and the list goes on.
Everyone has thier own test in s/c's. The question to this post is if you could change s/c's what would go too. I want the KB now. Here's what Adam post http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2...hit-42500.html

Face it like I had too, when it comes to S/C's, it's the HP /torq you want out of it. If you start with low HP you'll want to build up to more. And for those that would disagree, then why did you add a S/C or a CAI or re-tune your car. I thought I would be happy with the power I have now, but I'm not and I want more.

Again with the question of this post. I would go with the KB if I could do it all over again and when I hit the lottory I will. LOL

Her another post, had to do mods to get where the KB is to start. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2...ley-42615.html
Old 01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I love my procharger.. but think I would go with KB or whipple... because birdieman tells me too .. no.. but hes right on the street driving with it. I think things will be better with 4.10s.. it seems allot of people feel its much better with that on there.. also I think procharger and or vortech is a $1000+ cheaper.. choices
Old 01-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Face it like I had too, when it comes to S/C's, it's the HP /torq you want out of it. If you start with low HP you'll want to build up to more. And for those that would disagree, then why did you add a S/C or a CAI or re-tune your car. I thought I would be happy with the power I have now, but I'm not and I want more.
The blower you have on your car now is one of the finest positive displacement products avalible. Remember, KB's baseline kit comes with a smaller pulley, making more boost than Saleens kit. It sounds like to me that the only reason you want the KB is you think you'll make more power. The power you make with either kit depends on the tune and the speed you are spinning the blower. Want more power with your Saleen kit? No problem. Go with a smaller pulley to up your boost a bit, then re-tune your car. To be perfectly honest, if you are only making 350 rwhp @ 4 psi, your tune is probably too conservative. Most brand new 05 S281sc's are making around 390 rwhp. That's not the blower's fault, that's your tuner's fault. Unless you have some other issue elsewhere....
Old 01-15-2006, 10:48 PM
MSgt46270
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

The blower you have on your car now is one of the finest positive displacement products avalible. Remember, KB's baseline kit comes with a smaller pulley, making more boost than Saleens kit. It sounds like to me that the only reason you want the KB is you think you'll make more power. The power you make with either kit depends on the tune and the speed you are spinning the blower. Want more power with your Saleen kit? No problem. Go with a smaller pulley to up your boost a bit, then re-tune your car. To be perfectly honest, if you are only making 350 rwhp @ 4 psi, your tune is probably too conservative. Most brand new 05 S281sc's are making around 390 rwhp. That's not the blower's fault, that's your tuner's fault. Unless you have some other issue elsewhere....

I know I can get more with a different pully and a re-tune, but funds are limited. My tune is safe, and that what Adam tunes a car for. He could have just tune the car for power, but then your motor won't last as long. He tells me the timing is what kills the motors. He does this for a living and is real good at what he does.

M is looking for an answer to the question of this post. If you had a chance to get a different blower which one would you get.

Here's a link to Adams post with vids when he was at the track within the last few days, enjoy.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2...-gt-42642.html

Old 01-15-2006, 11:05 PM
mauiboy
2nd Gear Member

No I wouldn't change a thing. I have the Vortec and am very pleased with it.
At 440rwhp and 400rwt with a out of the box tune from Vortec/Predator, I have alot of posibilites with upgraded tunes. Be happy with your SC, it will only do what you want it to!

Mauiboy

[IMG]local://upfiles/16389/F2AAAF1076AB40E3A3FB93E4AD5F377A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16389/9C7E83C4735D43CC955F6247B26769A4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I know I can get more with a different pully and a re-tune, but funds are limited. My tune is safe, and that what Adam tunes a car for. He could have just tune the car for power, but then your motor won't last as long. He tells me the timing is what kills the motors. He does this for a living and is real good at what he does.
You can tune a car aggresively and still be plenty safe. Timing doesn't kill a motor, imprecise timing does (leading to detonation). If Saleen is tuning their cars from the factory that much more aggresively than yours is tuned, that should tell you something. (-That you can be more aggresive and still be plenty safe). There is nothing wrong with a conservative tune, but you can get more out of it and still be equally as safe as you are now. A new pulley would set you back around $100, and the new tune shouldn't be too expensive. One question for you. What octane gas are you running now?
Old 01-16-2006, 07:09 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

birdie= the octane thing still confuses me. I'm going to be pushing 500rwhp on the stock block(I know dumb). but in california they only have 91 here. I will tune it for 91. I know the octane boosters are almost worthless.. BUT.. if they can take me to 92-93 or it might be able to prevent detonation then its worth it.. but can it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ok new question..those with a supercharger would you do the same or get a different one?