Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will my 2006 Stang behave during winter/the cold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:39 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How will my 2006 Stang behave during winter/the cold?

Hey all, thanks for all the great replies!! So now I feel a lot better about my new purchase... Looks like my stang is more than just 4 wheels on 300 ponies after all.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
blackNchrome05
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Traken

ORIGINAL: ponyman

Had to watch out for the black ice,
Is that what you call that rare stuff you get that we call rain?
.no...black ice is ice that just looks like a puddle...its a whole helluva lot more dangerous than a damn puddle though. cause of many accidents up in northern CA
Old 01-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackNchrome05

.no...black ice is ice that just looks like a puddle...its a whole helluva lot more dangerous than a damn puddle though. cause of many accidents up in northern CA
Yeah, I'm from the Chicago area, so I'm more than familiar with that nasty stuff. I was just picking on our friend from Arizona.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Seasonal Differences in the regions of the USA:

60 degrees - Floridians wear coats, gloves, and woolly hats. Chicago people sunbathe.

50 degrees - New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. Chicago people plant gardens.

40 degrees - Italian cars won't start. Chicago people drive with the windows down.

32 degrees - CHICAGO--NO PLACE LIKE IT! Distilled water freezes. Lake Michigan's water gets thicker.

20 degrees - Californians shiver uncontrollably. Chicago people have the last cookout before it gets cold.

15 degrees - New York landlords finally turn up the heat. Chicago people throw on a sweatshirt.

0 degrees - Californians fly away to Mexico. Chicago people lick the flagpole and throw on a light jacket over the sweatshirt.

20 below - People in Miami cease to exist. Chicago people get out their winter coats.

40 below - Hollywood disintegrates. Chicago's Girl Scouts begin selling cookies door to door.

50 below - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Chicago people get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

60 below -- Microbial life survives on dairy products. Illinois cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

460 below (Absolute Zero) - ALL atomic motion stops. Chicago people start saying... "Cold 'nuff for ya??"

500 below - Hell freezes over. The Chicago Cubs win the World Series.

You must learn to pronounce the city name... it is Shi-ca-go, or Sha-ca-ga... depending on if you live North or South of Roosevelt Rd, respectively.

Next, if your road map is more than a few weeks old, throw it out and buy new one. If in Naperville and your map is one day old, then it is already obsolete.

Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere, Chicago has its own version of traffic rules... "Hold on and pray."

There is no such thing as a dangerous high-speed chase in Chicago. We all drive like that.

All directions start with, "I-94" ... which has no beginning and no end.

The morning rush hour is from 5AM to noon. The evening rush hour is from 3PM to 10PM. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday morning.

If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear ended, cussed out and possibly beat to death or even shot.

When you are the first one on the starting line, count to five when the light turns green before going to avoid crashing with all the drivers running the red light in cross-traffic.

Construction on the Northwest Tollway is a way of life and a permanent form of entertainment. We had so much fun with that we have added the Elgin O'Hare Expressway (which oddly enough doesn't go to Elgin OR O'Hare) and I-355 to the mix. All unexplained sights are explained by the phrase, "Oh, we're in Cicero!"

If someone actually has their turn signal on, it is probably a factory defect.

Car horns are actually "Road Rage" indicators.

All old ladies with blue hair in a Mercedes have the right of way. Period.

First Ave, LaGrange Rd, NW Highway, all mysteriously change names as you cross intersections (these are only a FEW examples).

If asking directions in Cicero you must have knowledge of Spanish. If in Bridgeport, Mandarin Chinese will be your best bet. If you stop to ask directions on the West or South side, you better be armed.

A trip across town (east to west) will take a minimum of four hours, although many north/south freeways have un-posted minimum speeds of 75.

The minimum acceptable speed on the Dan Ryan is 85. Anything less is considered downright sissy.

The wrought iron on windows near Englewood and Austin is not ornamental.

The Congress Expressway, commonly referred to as the Eisenhower Expressway is our daily version of NASCAR (though often at speeds that don't exceed 5 mph).

The Dan Ryan is called "The Death Trap" for two reasons: "death" and "trap."

If it's 100 degrees, it's Taste of Chicago. If it's 10 degrees and sleeting/snowing, it's opening day at Sox Park. If it's rained 6 inches in the last hour, the Western open Golf Classic is in the second round.

If you go to Wrigley Field pay the $25.00 to park in the "Cubs Lot." Parking elsewhere could cost up to $2,500 for damages, towing fees, parking tickets, etc. If some guy with a flag tries to get you to park in his yard, run him over.

Welcome to Chicago... there's no place like it!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

I am in NY also, Long Island. No issues thus far. I have put on Dunlap M3 winter sport tires, the car handles great in the snow and ice that we have gotten so far. Was expecting much worse but I am surprised.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:51 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cyberjock4hire

I am in NY also, Long Island. No issues thus far. I have put on Dunlap M3 winter sport tires, the car handles great in the snow and ice that we have gotten so far. Was expecting much worse but I am surprised.

sounds good. Hey dood.. when I get my car, I'm gonna start up a small little mustang club here in NYC for NYC/Long Island and the sorrounding neighborhoods. imagine 50 mustangs back to back driving on the same road/highway... MAN, that would ROCK!!
Old 01-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

My God, Stoenr. I haven't laughed that hard for quite a while. Thanks alot.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:48 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

No that is just how we know the gods are mad at us and how we know when we need to go find a virgin to sacrifice.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:42 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

No that is just how we know the gods are mad at us and how we know when we need to go find a virgin to sacrifice.

I never understood the concept of sacrificing a virgin -- heck... if shes a virgin... have ur way first damnit!!