Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How will my 2006 Stang behave during winter/the cold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:46 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

Default How will my 2006 Stang behave during winter/the cold?

Hey All!

I just realized something - I'm buying a sports car thats rear wheel drive and I live in New York where the winter is not so fun. I understand my GT will have traction control but how will it fair in the winter? This will be my ONLY car.

Let me know what your experiences... Thanks....
Old 01-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Corpo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How will my 2006 Stang behave during winter/the cold?

winter tires.

get em and you will be fine.

i drove my car once on snow on the summer tires and it handled very well consitering. super easy to spin the tires though but i had full control.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:03 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Corpo

winter tires.

get em and you will be fine.

i drove my car once on snow on the summer tires and it handled very well consitering. super easy to spin the tires though but i had full control.

Thanks!! ANyone else with a story?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:58 AM
fso119
2nd Gear Member

Just ease off the clutch slower than usual and you be fine if you have a stick or if you have an auto, press the gas gently. Never really had a problem with rwd and winters. Just gotta take it easy, and pay attention to your surroundings (watch out for the other a-holes on the road).

I am saving some $$$ by driving like that also.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:12 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fso119

Just ease off the clutch slower than usual and you be fine if you have a stick or if you have an auto, press the gas gently. Never really had a problem with rwd and winters. Just gotta take it easy, and pay attention to your surroundings (watch out for the other a-holes on the road).

I got manual tranny.... wanna read something funny? I dont know how to drive it!!!! hahha... not to worry... car is coming first week of march and until then, I have a few 2-hour lessons with a driving school and march should be warmer and the summer should give me lotsa practice for my first winter with my new stang around Nov.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Corpo
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006MustangGTNYC

ORIGINAL: fso119

I got manual tranny.... wanna read something funny? I dont know how to drive it!!!! hahha... not to worry... car is coming first week of march and until then, I have a few 2-hour lessons with a driving school and march should be warmer and the summer should give me lotsa practice for my first winter with my new stang around Nov.
you wont regret it =D

i accually save money by parking my mustang, i don't have to pay for road insurance that way, lol.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:24 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Hey All!

I just realized something - I'm buying a sports car thats rear wheel drive and I live in New York where the winter is not so fun. I understand my GT will have traction control but how will it fair in the winter? This will be my ONLY car.

dont even start... its NOT a sports car!

EDIT: the mustang is described as "a SPORTY muscle car" however it is NOT a sports car. the GT is a sports car (not mustang GT, ford GT)
Old 01-16-2006, 01:32 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

Hey All!

EDIT: the mustang is described as "a SPORTY muscle car" however it is NOT a sports car. the GT is a sports car (not mustang GT, ford GT)

ahhh... ok.. i feel like im slapped on the wrist for something I did wrong. Since im new to this board and mustangs, I will just go the OK route with you and let others voice opinions since they may know more.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Corpo
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

Hey All!

lol, he wasn't starting anything, you started it.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:16 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Been driving mine all winter and I live in hilly country side. 2nd and 3rd gears are your friend. 1st is not. Just take it easy and keep your distance and you'll be fine. Oh yeah, I also threw about 100lbs of kitty litter in the trunk. She's handling better than I ever expected.

Quick Reply: How will my 2006 Stang behave during winter/the cold?