Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't buy a convertible will the hardtop do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 01:45 AM
JerryinTO
1st Gear Member

Default Can't buy a convertible will the hardtop do?

I would love to buy an '06 convertible, but I'm 2 tall. At 6'2" when I sit in the drivers seat, the top of the windshield reaches my eyes. I either have to peek over the top or bend down. Is the hard top better? By the way, I have the same problem in all other convertibles except the BMW 3 series convertibles, but they are alomost double the money and they are high maintenance.
J
Old 01-18-2006, 02:03 AM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Can't buy a convertible will the hardtop do?

I like the coupes better. I think they look more aggressive.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

I'm 6'2", and fit in my coupe just fine.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Truxtun
2nd Gear Member

6ft and plenty of room in my coupe... much more than other vehicles... your best bet is to go to Hertz and drive a coupe for the day... I rent for work when out of town, and having one for more than a test drive gives you a better feel... I had one for a week and loved it
Old 01-18-2006, 04:06 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

I have a GT convertible and know that the windshield is sloped farther back on it than on the coupes. This might make the top slightly lower on the convertibles, but I'm not sure. This might seem like common sense, but make sure the seat is lowered all the way down. I'm 6'1" and fit in the convertible fine with room to spare.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:11 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I'm 6'2" @ 200lbs, and I have no trouble at all driving my Oh Five. In fact, I rather enjoy it!

It's all a matter of perspective. My previous car was a '98 Mustang convertible with Steeda springs. That car was low. Although I was comfortable getting in & out, others not use to the car were not. The Oh Five has a better driver position than my old '98, and even has more leg room. Yes, the windshield comes at you at a sharp angle, but once seated you should be fine in the seat. As stated above, make sure the power seat is vertically in its lowest position. When I first sat in a new Mustang convertible, I too looked over the windshield because the last person who drove it was small and had positioned the seat all the way up.

I do not regret buying the convertible. I could have bought a GT coupe for about the same money, but I enjoy riding around topless. Everyone should own a convertible at least once in their life.[sm=smiley17.gif]
Old 01-18-2006, 11:33 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

im right at 6' tall and i have plenty of headroom
Old 01-18-2006, 12:27 PM
05vert
1st Gear Member

Go test drive a coupe and see for yourself. It would suck not to get what you want though....hate to say it, but if you really want a convertible and the Mustang wont work, get a different car.

The coupes are awesome, more aggressive looking and in many ways better looking. However....a convertible is a convertible, nothing else really like it...
Old 01-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

I'm 6'6" and I fit in my coupe just right.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:36 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

If you get a power driver's seat like in my convertible, you can move it up and down. I'm 6'1", but could easily be several inches taller and still see out just fine. When I used to drive an S2000 it was difficult to see traffic lights with the top up (the top was almost always down, fortunately). I used to look over the top of the windshield to watch for the lights changing.

Just spend a few bucks for the premium interior and you'll be able to see out just fine.

Quick Reply: Can't buy a convertible will the hardtop do?