Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else get a call from brenspeed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 12:25 AM
stangxs
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else get a call from brenspeed?

Hey Brent,

That calibration code on my Mustang is: TJF1

Thanks a lot for the great customer service. I will definitely do all my business thourgh you.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BRENSPEED

ORIGINAL: stangxs

They said the problem was only on 2006 Mustang GT Manuals...
As for e-mailing yes that was stopped a long time ago. 4 months ago I requested SCT lock the e-mail programs to the Xcal2 vin numbers so I could e-mail. This was before user adjustable files were even e-mail able. They said it was a good idea and they would toss the idea around. I had not heard back from them that was possible but usually SCT does not send out notifications on updates. They just do it and we find out surfing the SCT forum or from a customer. Believe it or not a huge % of my customers dont want to deal with downloading and I dont really blame them.

Thanks guys!
Looks like they took your idea and ran with it, Brent. On SCT's forum there's a bunch of people asking for thier tunes to be converted over to a 'new ll3' format.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

So when I buy my CAI and tuner from him, it will come with tunes obviously. Then I buy something else from him that requires a tune I have to ship the tuner back everytime?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:00 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

So when I buy my CAI and tuner from him, it will come with tunes obviously. Then I buy something else from him that requires a tune I have to ship the tuner back everytime?
Not any more. I can now lock a file to your serial number X-cal to prevent it from being distributed on the net. I just figured this out today. I requested this feature 4 months ago and one of the recent updates to our software has gave me this ability. This requires you to 1. have a serial number (newer Xcal2), have downloaded live load off of SCT's website, and 3. Get the tune e-mailed to you. So to answer your question the feature is now available on the xcal2 units that I sell from here on out. If a current SCT customer buys a part and it requires a new tune we dont charge for it. The part has to be purchased here though and Nitrous/Blower files are might or might not be free depending on the situation and combo. Starting rate for tunes are $110 if you need something done outside of a part purchased at Brenspeed. Hope that helps you out.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Excellent to hear. Sending it back and forth a few times would suck, and costly.
Getting closer to ordering! Not in a rush, still winter here, and waiting to see if anything new comes to the market before spring.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BRENSPEED

Not any more. I can now lock a file to your serial number X-cal to prevent it from being distributed on the net. I just figured this out today. I requested this feature 4 months ago and one of the recent updates to our software has gave me this ability. This requires you to 1. have a serial number (newer Xcal2), have downloaded live load off of SCT's website, and 3. Get the tune e-mailed to you. So to answer your question the feature is now available on the xcal2 units that I sell from here on out. If a current SCT customer buys a part and it requires a new tune we dont charge for it. The part has to be purchased here though and Nitrous/Blower files are might or might not be free depending on the situation and combo. Starting rate for tunes are $110 if you need something done outside of a part purchased at Brenspeed. Hope that helps you out.

Brent-
What about those of us that have an X-Cal2 unit purchased from you months ago? Will you be able to email tunes for those? Not sure if mine has a SN or not...
Old 01-24-2006, 04:35 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

hey brent- check your pm!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:36 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

I dont think I got a PM from you??? I read you said to check my PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:21 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

i will resend...