Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hmm.. license plate holes

Old 01-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

Default hmm.. license plate holes

My mustang came with front dealer plates, unfortunately. I took them out however there are still 2 kinda ugly holes in the front bumper.. any suggestions (and no im not putting the front plate on, i dont care if its illegal)
Old 01-24-2006, 08:01 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: hmm.. license plate holes

I have the same problem... The dealer was going to screw into the front fender the lisence plate and i almost tackled him to the floor... I was like you better not drill that thing to my brand new car...so i put one plate in the back and the front plate i put in my room for show lol

problem: you need a front plate and a back plate in the state of new york.

I already got pulled over for it and given a ticket... the cop said if i go to the police station with the front plate on and show them they will take away the ticket... so i tied the plate on temperarily and showed them and got the ticket taken away... then when i got home off came the plate lol..

i figure i will do this for the rest of my life haha...

i dont think they make a front mounting plate for the car yet...
Old 01-24-2006, 08:19 PM
fso119
2nd Gear Member

You can always screw in some chrome bolts into the holes. It'll be noticable but sure beats having two empty holes showing.

Even better check this out:

Spiked Screws

These would be bad a$$ on the front.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:31 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skilz4u2nv

I have the same problem... The dealer was going to screw into the front fender the lisence plate and i almost tackled him to the floor... I was like you better not drill that thing to my brand new car...so i put one plate in the back and the front plate i put in my room for show lol

problem: you need a front plate and a back plate in the state of new york.

I already got pulled over for it and given a ticket... the cop said if i go to the police station with the front plate on and show them they will take away the ticket... so i tied the plate on temperarily and showed them and got the ticket taken away... then when i got home off came the plate lol..

i figure i will do this for the rest of my life haha...

i dont think they make a front mounting plate for the car yet...
Yeah, if you get a fix-it ticket for not having a license plate on the front, invest in some velcro!
Old 01-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

ugh. ****ing dealers. Also, anyone know if theres a grille out there with the future pony? (off topic, i know.)
Old 01-24-2006, 09:24 PM
sngsam
1st Gear Member

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to find some bolts with flat heads. I'm going to use the touch up paint I bought from ford and I'm going to paint them Vista Blue. We'll see how good it looks if not I'll put the plate on it's a personalised plate so I won't mind too much.

Straight Flushes,

SAM
Old 01-24-2006, 09:24 PM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

For anyone that is interested, I can make you a front plate mount that mounts with aircraft bolts that are hidden. You can take the bracket off and not see any holes. Just send me a e-mail.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

Got tired of the ugly license plate on the front bumper, so I took it off.
I noticed that on the v6, there is an inset area for the plate, but on the v8, it just screws into the bumper.
Was going to look into having the holes filled and painted, but then I started worrying about that one cop that's having a bad day, and decides to enforce the front plate law.
I didn't want the hassle of drilling new holes if that should occur.
So I talked to a local body shop over the phone, and they said they could take a couple of plastic plugs, and paint them to match. They quoted me $20-$25, which seemed high.
The guy also said that a custom bumper might be a good way to go, and I agree, but I'm on a tight budget, so that wouldn't be happening soon.
But then he suggested I come down and talk to the guys in the shop, and they would have a better idea of what to do.

So I get down there, the shop guy looks it over, and said the plugs would be no problem.
I asked what he would charge, and he said "I'm really not worried about that. Come back this afternoon and they will be waiting for you."
Sweet!
So I picked them up, and they also gave me a HUGE vial of touch-up paint as well!
No charge!

It looks good. Really good.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Thetics
2nd Gear Member

roucher, u got any pics? id love to see how that works.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:24 PM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

I'll take some pics and get them on here. I've made several for the Roush Owners around here and everyone that sees them really like it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hmm.. license plate holes